Lanyards

Don't wear Lanyards.

It is a very bad look.......

My first cruise I went lanyard-less for the first 3 days. Spent most of my time triple checking my shorts pockets to make sure it hadn't fallen out (which it had done on a number of occasions). Bought a lanyard after that and now I have no worries. Clip off for the bar staff and then clip back on.

Oh, and when I'm back in the room it hangs on one of the coat hooks by the door so I never have to wonder where I left it.

I prefer to not have the bulky plastic cardholder. I have had them punch a hole in my card that doesn't effect the magnetic strip for years.

Who has had trouble with them punching a hole in the card. I wear a slim cord that I attach my card to....... please tell me I won't have to wear a suitcase around my neck ;p

I do not have hubby carry my card so if it isn't hanging on my neck I am not spending money.

It is only on Harmony and Quantum class ships that they won't punch a hole in your Seapass card as the cards use RFID instead of a magnetic strip.

It is only on Harmony and Quantum class ships that they won't punch a hole in your Seapass card as the cards use RFID instead of a magnetic strip.

I thought I read that they still do it, but it takes some skill to put the hole in the right place.

My first cruise I went lanyard-less for the first 3 days. Spent most of my time triple checking my shorts pockets to make sure it hadn't fallen out (which it had done on a number of occasions). Bought a lanyard after that and now I have no worries. Clip off for the bar staff and then clip back on.

Oh, and when I'm back in the room it hangs on one of the coat hooks by the door so I never have to wonder where I left it.

A great way to keep track of your card, and you don't have to wear the lanyard. My Cruise Critic lanyard is a must pack item. :)

My first cruise I went lanyard-less for the first 3 days. Spent most of my time triple checking my shorts pockets to make sure it hadn't fallen out (which it had done on a number of occasions).

......I had the same fear when I parade about in my SPEEDO!:eek: Sometimes it slips out of the waistband. And then it leaves a nasty light spot on my skin where it blocks the sun from my tanning body.......Oh the trouble those darn cards make.....;p

lanyards scream tourist. Will never wear one

Because the rest of what you wear lets you blend in so nicely to the locals.

No tip off's at all.

We also have plenty of lanyards from home, and we recently got the pouch ones for the newer ships. It's not as if they take up any packing space. For the OP- presumably, you have some Disney ones- use them. :)

I hate to tell you this but the staff are tourist also. Unless they live in the country you are docked at and most of them do not.

But they're working, not traveling as a tourist. Big difference

......I had the same fear when I parade about in my SPEEDO!:eek: Sometimes it slips out of the waistband. And then it leaves a nasty light spot on my skin where it blocks the sun from my tanning body.......Oh the trouble those darn cards make.....;p

I am a visual person. Struggling to unsee that!

I also wear a lanyard while on the ship and off the ship. I normally do not have pockets nor on board do I want to lug around a purse. I had to wear one when I worked to get in and out of secured doors. If you look at the locals many of them are also wearing lanyards or wrist bands with their work id's. It's just what you get use to and what you prefer.

Don't wear Lanyards.

It is a very bad look.......

Apparently there are a lot of us with very bad looks! We wear our seapass cards on our lanyards so we don't have to carry a purse around on the ship. IMO that's ridiculous. When I'm off the ship, I put my lanyard inside my clothes and nobody knows I'm off the ship.

Yes, I'd hate to look like a tourist while strolling around a cruise ship! ;p And I am pretty sure I look like one when on a caribbean island...lanyard or not.

LOL! Maybe it the brand-new big white sneakers that give you (and me) away!!!:D