NCL Transfer Service

zwallace

We are thinking of staying at the Courtyard by Marriott at LaGuardia since we are flying in late evening the night before our cruise to Canada/New England and using the free shuttle back to airport the next morning for the NCL transfer to port. NCL says it charges a rate of $40 from the airport to the cruise port. Can anyone tell me if that is per person or for both of us?

The rates listed in the table are per person -- it's not made entirely clear.

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services

Call 'em up... number is on that page.

While you're there, price out a private car through GroundLink - the link to their site is on the page. Price seems comparable at first glance, although I don't know exactly when your sail date is.

Good luck and have a great cruise. Hopefully our weather will cooperate and you'll see some of the wonderful fall colours. Just in case though, have you contacted Marriott? Might be something they can offer regarding transfers.. not the colours... ;)

Safe sails. :)

OP, that is $40 p/p transfer from LGA to MCT for your NCL sailings (thus, $80 for 2)

Dial 7 and Carmel are 2 of the largest car services licensed in the metro NYC area, a private, door to door transfer on a standard 4 door sedan, fit up to 3 pax + 3 checked luggage, including a $5.74 toll + 20% tipping will run you about $60 total - highly recommended. It's a 16 miles trip and on weekend mornings, about 30 minutes for the exclusive ride.

These are the consistently recommended car services used by other CC'ers in NY for all 3 area cruise terminals, serving all 3 local airports - add'l info under East Coast destination forum here on CC.

With ongoing, long-term LGA airport multi-year (thru 2020+) redevelopment & construction of new parking, new roadways and relocation of the 4 terminals - you do NOT want to spend more time waiting for the shuttle on a loop to make its way back to the airport again in the morning, wait for bus to load 40+ pax on other inbound flights, and make its way out of the airport before getting on the highway route to the west side of midtown Manhattan.

Most typically, airport transfer bus doesn't leave until a certain time that morning ... and, I am not sure if they are coming first from the MCT (Manhattan Cruise Terminal to disembark ship pax first and then pickup the waiting group to turn around again for the pier) - so you can forget about getting to the port early ... not to mention the extra time shuttling & wait.

Here's one of the many threads discussing LGA issues http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2468829

Please search & read many repeated questions already answered on that forum and followup with specifics. Enjoy your cruise.

So getting a private ride from Dial 7 or Caramel at the hotel to the cruise terminal would be a speedier and less costly option? Thanks for that info mking8288. Will book with one of them.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Forums mobile app

Yes. Just make your own transportation arrangements

This is done all the time

The simplicity and comfort are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay, that's the new plan. I will go with either Carmel or Dial . Thanks!

Please don't forget about my recommendation above... GroundLink.

I have used them at multiple airports almost 2 dozen times now with 100% absolute reliability and satisfaction. Clean, clear cars. They have an app with which the driver communicates, free wait times.

When I checked prices for your trip yesterday, it was around $45 for 2 people total + 3 bags in a Luxury class town car.

Everyone has their favorite, but that is a really good price. You should check it out.

https://www.groundlink.com

Please don't forget about my recommendation above... GroundLink.

I have used them at multiple airports almost 2 dozen times now with 100% absolute reliability and satisfaction. Clean, clear cars. They have an app with which the driver communicates, free wait times.

When I checked prices for your trip yesterday, it was around $45 for 2 people total + 3 bags in a Luxury class town car.

Everyone has their favorite, but that is a really good price. You should check it out.

https://www.groundlink.com

FYI, and not to dispute your personal experience with the company, GroundLink is not so much a transportation company but rather a booking platform. Sort of a high-end Uber. Actual transportation providers affiliate with GroundLink to receive bookings through that source. As a result you don't really know who is actually providing your car.

Further, GroundLink was acquired a few weeks ago by another company, Marcou Transportation Group, and it remains to be seen if that will have a noticeable effect on the quality of their service and pricing.

FYI, and not to dispute your personal experience with the company, GroundLink is not so much a transportation company but rather a booking platform. Sort of a high-end Uber. Actual transportation providers affiliate with GroundLink to receive bookings through that source. As a result you don't really know who is actually providing your car.

Yup - all true.

I don't care who is "providing" the car. As I said, the service and reliability have been top notch. Without fail.

I have a trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Just booked our GroundLink rides. Prices are identical this year compared to 2016. Same time of year too; late April. Identical as in penny-for-penny.

People have their favorites -- or their preferred method of doing things. For private car service, this particular way is mine.

MTG is pretty well established in the business and I can't see how the acquisition could have a negative impact on GroundLink's operations.