Help with Hotel for Park and Shuttle with Anthem...

we are 3 families driving from Toronto , Canada.

2 Adults 2 kids

we need three rooms with parking three cars and shuttle to Port. ( Each room with two queen beds would work )

we are looking for March 2018

we are 3 families driving from Toronto , Canada.

2 Adults 2 kids

we need three rooms with parking three cars and shuttle to Port. ( Each room with two queen beds would work )

we are looking for March 2018

You're a bit early for next March. However I can offer some observations and strategies to consider.

Country Inns offers two queens and Embassy suites offers two doubles and a sofabed. These will be your most expensive options. Country Inns stay, park cruise package for 2 is about $323 tax included plus another $70+ for the round trip port shuttle for the kids. Embassy suites package is about $240 tax included for 2 doubles and a sofa bed plus another $80 for the round trip port shuttle for the kids.

Trinityreservations.com does not have all their options yet for next year. Their current offering for next March seems to be Crowne Plaza for $236 tax included which includes a room, parking and round trip port transportation for 4 people. There should be other options later in the year, but probably for double beds.

My alternative strategy for your group is to park at the port ($140) and stay about 45 minutes away in Parsippany, NJ. You can get a cancellable Marriott Courtyard with queen beds for $130 tax included. The advantage to this is that after a long drive, you will get off the road on a Friday night before you hit the metro area traffic. You will be in a nicer suburban area with restaurants and services instead of a highly urban industrial airport area with very limited food options and almost no services (I.e. liquor store, food store, pharmacy, etc). The Courtyard is only one of many nicer suburban hotels in the Parsippany area.

Yes, but I'm not keen on their airport location on the west side near routes 1&9 and quick access to local Newark streets.

That's fair -- I suspect you know more about the area than I do (I didn't realize it was especially close to the highways, even now).

FWIW we had no problems, with noise (other than the considerate gentlemen who decided to move their pre-cruise party into the hallway in the middle of the night) or with crime.

I personally enjoy the Staten Island Hilton's Stay, Park, Cruise option. Don't have to park at the port and a free shuttle to the ship. Easy as Sunday morning

I like that package as well, but the ongoing Bayonne Bridge construction with its regular weekday closures and intermittent weekend closures has made this choice a whole lot less convenient for many Cape Liberty sailings. With the bridge closed the port shuttle has to take the Goethals Bridge back to Elizabeth NJ and the NJ Turnpike north to exit 14A in Bayonne instead of just zipping across the Bayonne Bridge.

Just an observation - the shuttle is not really free. You pay for it as part of the stay, park, cruise package price.

Edited by 138east

That's fair -- I suspect you know more about the area than I do (I didn't realize it was especially close to the highways, even now).

FWIW we had no problems, with noise (other than the considerate gentlemen who decided to move their pre-cruise party into the hallway in the middle of the night) or with crime.

What I'm really saying is that you must be selective about your choice of hotel at Newark Airport, particularly if you're going to ditch your car for a while. Newark is a highly urban industrialized area. A "cheap" hotel is a "cheap" hotel. For me a key factor is how accessible the hotel is to random people from the local area. I prefer the more isolated hotels on the north side of the airport as well as the Elizabeth hotels on International Blvd. I'm less enthusiastic about the hotels along routes 1&9.