Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

I read somewhere a while back ( and I'll be darned if I can find it again) that food will be available in the Observation Lounge. I am going to do some research and see if I can find it again.

Here’s what NCL website says:

“Experience sheer awe from our 180-degree indoor Observation Lounge – offering Norwegian’s most expansive views at sea. More than 3,500 square feet of floor-to-ceiling windows provide spectacular vistas while cruising past snow-capped mountains. Take time to relax with a complimentary bite to eat morning, noon and night. Interactive screens will help identify every incredible view, whether the glaciers of Alaska or the pristine beaches of The Caribbean. And with a full-service bar, you can toast colorful sunsets with your favorite cocktail.“

Man, how packed is the observation lounge going to be during the glacier viewing times. It's going to be the new deck chairs

Very true. We are hoping the Havens private observation lounge will be much less so and a real justification for the cost.

Very true. We are hoping the Havens private observation lounge will be much less so and a real justification for the cost.

Ditto! A small fortune and still going up. Our room rate went up $600.00 since we booked it. Glad I booked it when I did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

TBH, a $600 increase isn't the largest I've seen.:o

I don’t think it’s been mentioned in this thread... but the inaugural transatlantic saw a bizarre price hike a few weeks back. My MA went from 1869pp to 3169pp... a $1300 jump.

Why bizarre? Because the ship is only 60% full. Is this some price manipulation around final payment time? Is NCL purposely deterring additional bookings (fear of a delay)? No idea.

I don’t think it’s been mentioned in this thread... but the inaugural transatlantic saw a bizarre price hike a few weeks back.

My MA went from 1869pp to 3169pp... a $1300 jump.

Why bizarre? Because the ship is only 60% full. Is this some price manipulation around final payment time?

Is NCL purposely deterring additional bookings (fear of a delay)? No idea.

Actually, we've seen it from our past inaugurals on NCL...

NCL has found "bizarre" pax will book, thinking the may miss out on a

Bliss Inaugural Trans-Atlantic Cruise, will book at this late time.

Edited by $hip$hape

Actually, we've seen it from the past...

NCL has found "bizarre" pax will book, thinking the may miss out on an

Inaugural Trans-Atlantic Cruise

I don’t think so... the total number of booked rooms continues to drop leading into US/EU final payment dates. Nobody is booking at the high rates.

Edit: as someone on our roll call pointed out, many of his friends that would normally be on the TA opted for the Panama crossing instead. I suspect that’s had a measurable impact.

The prices are way too high. I'm on the PC cruise this May, and have an aft facing cabin. Just looked a moment ago and 1 cabin is available for $2200 more than I paid when they first opened up.

At least that’s justified via supply & demand, as your sailing is over 90% sold out.

The prices are way too high. I'm on the PC cruise this May, and have an aft facing cabin. Just looked a moment ago and 1 cabin is available for $2200 more than I paid when they first opened up.

I booked a PC cruise for spring '19 when they first opened up, and snagged an H2. The prices have really spiked since then. Currently, the lowest priced Haven suite (H8 - Connecting Haven Stateroom) is SIXTEEN GRAND for two people. I can't imagine what an H2 would go for now if the other one opened back up... perhaps THIRTY ?? !!

When Celebrity first started their bookings for the Edge, I contemplated booking one of the two types of top suites. I thought the prices were high (at 20K+), and passed on it. Within a few weeks some of the top suites were over FORTY grand for a week (for two people). They must know something... or at least hope that there's enough people who wouldn't blink at that to fill some of those cabins. Either that, or some folks will be in line for sweet upgrades... errr... upsells !

Tom

When Celebrity first started their bookings for the Edge, I contemplated booking one of the two types of top suites. I thought the prices were high (at 20K+), and passed on it. Within a few weeks some of the top suites were over FORTY grand for a week (for two people).

Iconic?

I was looking at a $10k suite and during the same week, the Iconic Suite was $43k....and no go-karts. For $40k, I should get my own personal drone to fly me around the ship. They can call it "The REAL Magic Carpet".:D

Man, how packed is the observation lounge going to be during the glacier viewing times. It's going to be the new deck chairs

Thanks for reminding me, I have to go put my towel on a chair near the window so I can reserve my prime location. I will do this on day 1 to make sure I’ve got just the right angles!! *evil grin*

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto! A small fortune and still going up. Our room rate went up $600.00 since we booked it. Glad I booked it when I did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My 2 bedroom suite for the May ‘18 PC cruise has been sold out for 10 months. There is now a courtyard penthouse available and it’s $7500 more than I paid for my 2 bedroom! [emoji33][emoji33]

Linda

My 2 bedroom suite for the May ‘18 PC cruise has been sold out for 10 months. There is now a courtyard penthouse available and it’s $7500 more than I paid for my 2 bedroom! [emoji33][emoji33]

Linda

We have the courtyard penthouse on Bliss to Alaska and the same on Escape to Canada, both in September and Alaska is more than double what Canada is.

Iconic?

I was looking at a $10k suite and during the same week, the Iconic Suite was $43k....and no go-karts. For $40k, I should get my own personal drone to fly me around the ship. They can call it "The REAL Magic Carpet".:D

Yep - Iconic, and Edge Villas . Perhaps after they launch the Beyond, some of the Edge fares will go down, but I'm not holding my breath !!

Tom