Move Over request

KevintheIrishDJ

We were charged for the Move Over; therefore, the ROBC and the charge net to zero (except for the extra OBC you get for Stock, Vets., etc.

That makes no sense to charge for it. Are you sure you're reading the terms of the offer correctly?

They offer Move Over's because they oversold the ship, they need to clear the cabins.

How could they possibly do that if they charged for it? If it nets to zero, which I understand what you're saying, there is no incentive for anyone to move their cruise to another date. That's a huge inconvenience and the move over is to entice people to give up their already booked cruise and move it to another date.

This happened to us on a Celebrity ship last year. The Constellation. We booked a Balcony Gnty. As it got closer and closer to the day we were supposed to fly to Fort Lauderdale. I called Celebrity asking why we were not assigned yet? They kept saying not to worry we will get our cabin. Then the day before the cruise I called and someone got back to me saying they "forgot about us" and all the balconies were already assigned to other people. They downgraded us to an Oceanview Cabin. We got credited the difference in the cabin prices and a $300.00 OBC. No choice . We got what we got. I was REALLY unhappy. I was expecting to enjoy the sun from our balcony in the Caribbean. Even though we are Elite members on Celebrity, we are back cruising on Princess.

This happened to us on a Celebrity ship last year. The Constellation. We booked a Balcony Gnty. As it got closer and closer to the day we were supposed to fly to Fort Lauderdale. I called Celebrity asking why we were not assigned yet? They kept saying not to worry we will get our cabin. Then the day before the cruise I called and someone got back to me saying they "forgot about us" and all the balconies were already assigned to other people. They downgraded us to an Oceanview Cabin. We got credited the difference in the cabin prices and a $300.00 OBC. No choice . We got what we got. I was REALLY unhappy. I was expecting to enjoy the sun from our balcony in the Caribbean. Even though we are Elite members on Celebrity, we are back cruising on Princess.

I have never heard of an involuntary downgrade on Princess. Several people have been offered downgrades but they didn't have to take them. Princess sweetens the offer until someone accepts the offer.

They said we fell through the cracks. That the people assigning cabins just forgot us. By then all the balconies were occupied. Even though we booked months before and they were selling balconies for a long time. We had no cabin at all. We got the last ocean view left on the ship. When we got to our cabin, our steward said she didn't know anyone would be in that cabin. Her list said it was not sold. So it wasn't prepared for us. That is how last minute it was. After that she was great though.