Easiest way to block sound in cabin?

Lady_E

So we're on deck 8 and I'm wondering if a travel fan will help block sound. I sleep with a fan on at home and it works the best for noise, so an app on my phone won't do the trick.

Anyone have a recommendation for small travel fans that are really loud?

Fan is a must for us. After many trials with good quality fans like Vornado Flippi and foldable travel fans, we found they moved lots of air but were too quiet. We now have a really cheap ($13 for two) no name 8" plastic fan we found at Walmart. It is noisy, which is the point.

I use this fan

Mainstays High Velocity Portable Fan, 9"

It's impossible for me to sleep without fan noise - This fan works enough for me i plug it in to a an extension cord and set up on my side of the bed - You are not going to find a super loud fan and sorry but those noise machines just do not do the trick

Sometimes guest services will let you borrow a fan without question and sometimes they demand a medical reason for needing one. I like a fan for the airflow and noise. If there is a lot of hallway noise, I find that opening the closet doors helps to buffer the sound.

So we're on deck 8 and I'm wondering if a travel fan will help block sound. I sleep with a fan on at home and it works the best for noise, so an app on my phone won't do the trick.

Anyone have a recommendation for small travel fans that are really loud?

Foam ear plugs will work for about 50 cents a pair!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruise with the HoMedics Sounds Spa Relaxation Sound Machine and it is amazing! We set it to "ocean" sounds. :p

https://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-2000-Relaxation-Machine-Nature/dp/B000F3QG0U

I can't stand the angry drone of a fan - that looks *much* better.

Generally I just take a pack of these in case I run into a noisy night:

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Snore-Blockers-Foam-Earplugs/dp/B002N3H8PW

and sleep like a baby.

One of the ones that sleeps that is, not one of the ones that keeps waking up crying.

I got tired of schlepping around bulky fans on vacation and having my family (that don't use fans to sleep) complain about it so I tried everything until I found the perfect solution. I now use a soft fabric headband that has speakers built into them. I can sync it with my phone. So now with my sound machine phone apps I can listen to the fan, white noise, rain, the sound of the beach or whatever else I want to. ;) And with it being right there against my ear, it's plenty loud, VERY realistic sounding, and drowns out ANY outside noise. Including my husbands snoring which sounds like a freight train and feels an earthquake. 😱

Try zzquil to sleep, other wise live with it. Maybe cruising is not for you

No need to get your panties in a twist, dude. I'll get a fan because that's what I want. I'm sorry you're so cranky.