Cruise Pricing

RoddyGateau

Have just booked a B2B on Connie from Singapore to Rome in April 2019. The first leg (Singapore to Abu Dhabi) seems very expensive ($7,400 per person for 15 nights in an S1 with no perks offered). Is this a very popular cruise, hence the price, or is there another reason? The second leg, in the same S1, also 15 nights is considerably less costly. Any thoughts on whether there is likely to be a price drop as the final payment date approaches?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have just booked a B2B on Connie from Singapore to Rome in April 2019. The first leg (Singapore to Abu Dhabi) seems very expensive ($7,400 per person for 15 nights in an S1 with no perks offered). Is this a very popular cruise, hence the price, or is there another reason? The second leg, in the same S1, also 15 nights is considerably less costly. Any thoughts on whether there is likely to be a price drop as the final payment date approaches?

Suites on that cruise are currently unavailable on Celebrity's website, although at least one internet agency has S2 sky suites available for $6,900 plus fees - with $700 OBC

I just got a quote for the Pacific Coast B2B on Infinity departing 17th and 24th September 2017. They wanted £4500pp (approx $6000) for a regular balcony!

Celebrity are pricing themselves out of the market, I can get 2 weeks on Regent or Silversea for less than that and it is more than twice as expensive as their direct competitors (Princess and P&O for example).

I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser but am now looking elsewhere for my next cruise after Constellation in May

I had two cruises booked. One was reasonably priced and the other was real high and I mean real high. The first one went up in price by about 50% and then came back down to the original price I had booked. The second one went even higher. Must be the laws of supply and demand.

I just got a quote for the Pacific Coast B2B on Infinity departing 17th and 24th September 2017. They wanted £4500pp (approx $6000) for a regular balcony!

Celebrity are pricing themselves out of the market, I can get 2 weeks on Regent or Silversea for less than that and it is more than twice as expensive as their direct competitors (Princess and P&O for example).

I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser but am now looking elsewhere for my next cruise after Constellation in May

I think there are still good values on Celebrity, but you have to look carefully....

For instance, my wife and I are booked on a suite on Infinity for 5 nights with all 4 perks for $1039 pp.

I think there are still good values on Celebrity, but you have to look carefully....

For instance, my wife and I are booked on a suite on Infinity for 5 nights with all 4 perks for $1039 pp.

Yes, you're correct. We have a 15 day Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego in a CS booked for next year and it is quite a bit cheaper than the 15 day Singapore to Abu Dhabi and includes all four perks too. I would have thought that the Panama Canal cruise would be at least as popular as the Asian cruise which makes the price differential even more puzzling.

The OP'S cruise from Singapore to Abu Dhabi is available on Celebrity UK site with free drinks package plus other perks. I don't know how the prices compare but would guess they are good with the current exchange rate. But be aware of the restrictive practices when booking through the UK eg no price drops, total loss of deposit if cruise cancelled, administration fee to make any changes no matter how minor....

The OP'S cruise from Singapore to Abu Dhabi is available on Celebrity UK site with free drinks package plus other perks. I don't know how the prices compare but would guess they are good with the current exchange rate. But be aware of the restrictive practices when booking through the UK eg no price drops, total loss of deposit if cruise cancelled, administration fee to make any changes no matter how minor....

That's interesting. Thanks for the information. I'll follow up with my TA.

What!, Where, and When? :eek:

They are there for sure; in my experience booking early and watching the prices is the best. We have a 12 day Hawaii cruise coming up. $1989 pp for a balcony w bev package. Yes, that's a pretty high cost pp pd, but relative to what's available - it's almost the same as carnival's version of this itinerary if you purchase the drink package.

Prices hit their all time low in Nov 2016, cruise is April 2018. Now the price for our room is $3,500 pp!!!