Hijacking your Roll Call

Has anyone had trouble with people who aren't booked on the cruise dominating your Roll Call? Trying to tell you what to do when you get to ports, how to behave, which tour companies to use and how to book them, generally controlling the whole Roll Call and upsetting people along the way. Has the usual happy banter that goes with planning your cruise disappeared because of this person?

Yes, Wishfulone, if it is the person discussed before, click on the exclamation mark on the post and report them.

I noticed a scammer on a rollcall promoting a tour.......then this person you are referring to posted about the tours in Rabaul they promote. Think it was a Golden cruise, it is still there:rolleyes:

Yes, Wishfulone, if it is the person discussed before, click on the exclamation mark on the post and report them.

I noticed a scammer on a rollcall promoting a tour.......then this person you are referring to posted about the tours in Rabaul they promote. Think it was a Golden cruise, it is still there:rolleyes:

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2017 Circle Pacific 19th May 2017

is it like the last 2 posts in this roll call ??

that look like a tour itinerary ??

No 4th May, it is a PNG cruise, this person is a guest lecturer apparently and probably has some good info, but promotes a particular company.

Yes Hawka and yes cheznandy. I've reported his posts a total of 6 times now. They've removed his last two batches of posts after three reports each, but all his earlier posts are still there with the PDF attachments still able to be accessed. I did a quick run around all the future PNG cruises and as Hawka is aware he's got himself on those also. Someone new arrived on our Roll Call today singing the praises of a particular PNG company. Had a look and yes he's appeared on the other roll calls too with exactly the same post. I'm tired of being the one to report him all the time and it makes me seem like the wicked witch. Surely CC moderators check out these things without an individual member having to be the one to report the same person over and over?

No 4th May, it is a PNG cruise, this person is a guest lecturer apparently and probably has some good info, but promotes a particular company.

He says he's waiting to find out if he and his will get the lecturing gig, and then suddenly oh I missed out. His info doesn't worry me so much as his promotion of particular places and tour companies and his bullying of people on the roll call.

He says he's waiting to find out if he and his will get the lecturing gig, and then suddenly oh I missed out. His info doesn't worry me so much as his promotion of particular places and tour companies and his bullying of people on the roll call.

The recent post on your Rollcall re a tour is another tout.....that is the same one I saw on the Golden Rollcall then the other jumped in a promoted his!!

I only know about this because he was on our rollcall for PNG offering info, posting do's and dont's and Promoting the same tour company which a group of us had already booked with privately.......and wasnt that great anyway!!

He even refers people to the other social media site.

It would be ok if he was going on the cruise, joined the Rollcall and gave info when it was asked for.

Even if he posted on the Ports of Call they would delete them as you are only supposed to recommend a tour company if someone has requested info,

Think one of those posts is mine, we are cruisers on that cruise :) One of those tours we are organizing in LA

We have not had any issues on that roll call similar to what you are discussing if fact it has been a very quiet roll call.

Think one of those posts is mine, we are cruisers on that cruise :) One of those tours we are organizing in LA

We have not had any issues on that roll call similar to what you are discussing if fact it has been a very quiet roll call.

No it is not yours Te Aroha, have a great cruise, so jealous, would have loved to do this:p

cool as , do hope you have a great trip too :-)

wish i was doing it too :-)

Thanks, It is getting close now and yes very exciting cruise, It looks like it is not running next year from my searches on Princess which is sad as it is great not to have to fly further than Sydney for us. The Golden goes up to Alaska but seems to stay there next year.

Thanks, It is getting close now and yes very exciting cruise, It looks like it is not running next year from my searches on Princess which is sad as it is great not to have to fly further than Sydney for us. The Golden goes up to Alaska but seems to stay there next year.

The Golden is a fabulous ship. We sailed on her around Cape Horn and she handles the ocean magnificently. She also has the best International Cafe. Have a wonderful journey.

Just remembered reading here on the boards when she first came to Australia that the Americans were really upset. They wanted her back because she really is a great ship, so maybe that's the new deployment?

Edited by wishfulone