Adventure of the seas cabin -deck 6 or 8?

We (3 cabins - all of us are 60+) are traveling on the Adventure of the Seas in Nov to the Southern Caribbean. We currently are booked in balcony cabins 6660/6662/6666. Cabins mid ship deck 8 are just a small amount more. Any thoughts on which would be best? I have heard lower decks are better for those who tend to get a little seasick and one of us had that tendency. Thank you for any cabin advice (and any advice about the ship)

I don't like deck 6 balcony staterooms because they have a solid metal balcony wall. On decks 7 and above, the balcony wall is half-metal, half-glass, so there is more visibility.

We prefer deck 6 for location convenience. It's true about the balcony but it didn't impact our enjoyment.

The things we liked were that it was really easy to get to the promenade and dining room without the elevator. Walking back up 1 flight of the stairs from the promenade isn't too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another deck 8 advocate here. We had a balcony guarantee on adventure and got allocated a mid ship deck 6. The convenience to the Royal Promenade and the MDR at night was brilliant but I found the metal balcony too obstructive while sitting down.

When we went on Explorer a couple of years later we decided not to run the risk of deck 6 again so chose a cabin on deck 9. Balcony was much better though I did feel we spent most of our days walking up and down stairs!

Just booked on the Navigator this year which has full glass balconies on all decks. I would have happily accepted a deck 6 on this ship as I much prefer the proximity to the RP. As it was there wasn't anything suitable available on deck 6 so we've gone for deck 7 instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deck 8 hands down. Three flight up to Windjammer and three down to promenade. If you can get one on the hump, that's even better! :-)

Cindy

Totally agree!! That way you don't have to wait around for elevators! Deck 6 balconies really hinder your view when sitting down. Deck 8 for sure! :D

Thank you all so much for the information and pictures. I think we are moving to deck 8. Are all the beds the same - two twins converting to a queen? Is it bigger than a regular queen bed? I thought I saw somewhere that deck 6 beds convert to a king and deck 8 to a queen.

Thank you all so much for the information and pictures. I think we are moving to deck 8. Are all the beds the same - two twins converting to a queen? Is it bigger than a regular queen bed? I thought I saw somewhere that deck 6 beds convert to a king and deck 8 to a queen.

The beds are the same size and are sized between a standard queen and king when pushed together.

Deck 6 doesn't have cabins below. We prefer a deck with cabins above and below. Would take deck 8.

Best advise I was ever given was jus that. Look what's above, below and on each side. If the rooms next to you can hold 4 people except that it will. Don't be on a walk way to the Theater or the kids club.

Close to elevator are nice but a little walking does everyone good on a cruise. Just like taking the stairs when it's only one or two floors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 6 months later...

We prefer decks 6-8 because of the seasickness issue for me. Unfortunately I'm the only one in a group of 20 of us that has the issue with vertigo and I just try to enjoy it the best I can...using the patch and I bring nausea RX for backup. My last cruise was deck 6 on Independence and best cruise yet...it was on the hump and just awesome location. No issues with noise. We have since then booked deck 8 on Oasis for our dec 2015 cruise and now Deck 7 on Freedom (on the hump) for Dec 2017. Anything mid ship and lower than deck 8 is best plus a balcony is a BIG help for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums