Couple questions Eurodam Neptune aft suite?

JoieNsk

We are going to do our first HA cruise to Alaska this August. I was lucky enough to get the aft suite with wrap-around balcony.

I have couple questions for people who stayed in Neptune suites.

First - are any drinks included - like water or beer? Or can you at least grab them from the suite lounge?

Second - about the sofa bed. I found "old" pictures of the sofa bed and really liked that one: only for one person, kind of "flip-over" type, looked quite comfortable (at least the one like this on Disney cruise was comfortable even for me - an adult woman). I noticed that they changed sofas in the rooms. And the new one looks like it might be the pull-out type, which usually aren't comfortable. In that case I would like to "book" extra mattress or something like this for our room. Does anyone have an experience with those new sofa-beds?

Third - is there a coffee machine in the room? Or every time I would need a coffee I would need to run somewhere? And if there is a coffee machine - would you rather bring your own coffee or they provide decent ones on the ship?

Thank you very much for the information.

People on these boards have been the MOST HELPFUL and very nice!!!

No free water or drinks. You can get glasses of water and juice and coffee in the Neptune lounge. Coffee machines I your suite. Can't help you with the sofa. Wasn't comfy to sit on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No free water or drinks. You can get glasses of water and juice and coffee in the Neptune lounge. Coffee machines I your suite. Can't help you with the sofa. Wasn't comfy to sit on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much!

The coffee machines are "mo coffee." The pods they give you are espresso, decaf, and regular. It has settings for a small cup for the espresso and a larger cup (not very large IMO) for the other coffees. It will not take a K-cup pod. I'm not sure where you could get pods for it.

The coffee machines are "mo coffee." The pods they give you are espresso, decaf, and regular. It has settings for a small cup for the espresso and a larger cup (not very large IMO) for the other coffees. It will not take a K-cup pod. I'm not sure where you could get pods for it.

That's great. I don't care that much what kind of coffee - as long as you can get enough of pods from them. Otherwise I always have tea packs with me and portable immersion water heater. I need tea to be happy :) And coffee would help too!

We got a free bottle of "champagne". We don't drink sparkling wine, so we gave it away. The recipients said it wasn't very good.

I watched couple video reviews about those suites, and they often have Veuve Clicquot sitting on the counter next to the ice bucket - that would be fine with me if they would give that :))) But I have a feeling that it was probably brought by people themselves :))

Though on Celebrity we got Perrier Jouer - I would not mind that either :)) We will see...

I will most likely get one of their six packs of beer as I like beer. But I don't drink it with food, so prefer to have it in the room. Can you use the fridge in the room for your own stuff? Can you ask the room attendant to empty it for you?

Yes, you may ask your steward to empty the fridge. Lots of people do that.

You mentioned an immersion heater. I'm not sure those are allowed on HAL. I did use the coffeemaker to make hot water for tea (I ran it without a pod), but that was back when it was brand new. I suspect that now the water would have a tinge of coffee to it, which is a major YUK factor for making tea.

I suspect that now the water would have a tinge of coffee to it, which is a major YUK factor for making tea.

Yea... I know! I used to try making tea in the hotels with coffee machine, but it is pretty bad. That's why I got the water heater. I have it with me whenever I travel.

I was wondering if the water heater is not allowed - can you bring your own tea kettle? They have coffee machine, tea kettle is no different as the fire safety goes (I assume that would be the reason why they would not like the water heater?)

I really am not looking forward running somewhere to get tea every time I need it, it would spoil my life pretty much.

And it's not just me - it's my mom and my daughter too, we drink LOTS of tea.

We got a free bottle of "champagne". We don't drink sparkling wine, so we gave it away. The recipients said it wasn't very good.

We always exchange our sparkling wine for a decent chardonnay through our room steward.

On the Koningsdam in November, we were given the bottle of sparkling wine, plus two bottles of Perrier water and 3 bottles of still water. I don't know if they were all intended to be gratis, but we drank them and weren't charged.:D I wouldn't count on them being in your suite, but they might be.

I didn't care for the in-room coffee, but we were across the hall from the Neptune Lounge and got the excellent coffee there (and lots of snacks).

Yea... I know! I used to try making tea in the hotels with coffee machine, but it is pretty bad. That's why I got the water heater. I have it with me whenever I travel.

I was wondering if the water heater is not allowed - can you bring your own tea kettle? They have coffee machine, tea kettle is no different as the fire safety goes (I assume that would be the reason why they would not like the water heater?)

I really am not looking forward running somewhere to get tea every time I need it, it would spoil my life pretty much.

And it's not just me - it's my mom and my daughter too, we drink LOTS of tea.

A tea kettle is not allowed. But, there is LOTS of hot water in the Neptune Lounge. (And tea). Bring a thermos/tall mug that can keep water hot and you can fill it/make your tea and bring it back to the room.

Coffee machines are specially grounded I believe for the ship safety. They are only available in the Neptune suites & above.

I didn't care for the in-room coffee, but we were across the hall from the Neptune Lounge and got the excellent coffee there (and lots of snacks).

Thank you!

Our cabin is at the aft. I don't mind walking, but to run every time to the lounge just to get coffee... - I would rather prefer to make one in the room :)))

A tea kettle is not allowed. But, there is LOTS of hot water in the Neptune Lounge. (And tea). Bring a thermos/tall mug that can keep water hot and you can fill it/make your tea and bring it back to the room.

Coffee machines are specially grounded I believe for the ship safety. They are only available in the Neptune suites & above.

Thank you!!!

On the Koningsdam in November, we were given the bottle of sparkling wine, plus two bottles of Perrier water and 3 bottles of still water. I don't know if they were all intended to be gratis, but we drank them and weren't charged.:D I wouldn't count on them being in your suite, but they might be.

We got the bottle of sparkling wine, but the bottles of water were not free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our cabin is at the aft. I don't mind walking, but to run every time to the lounge just to get coffee... - I would rather prefer to make one in the room :)))

You can always call room service and have whatever you want brought to you.

We prefer aft cabins...the walk to the dining room burns calories and gets steps in. On the other hand, it is a short walk to the Lido! We never take the elevator...stairs, stairs, stairs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sofa bed is the flip over type and our daughter said it was very comfortable. Views from the aft Neptune corner cabins are great and the veranda is longer but not any wider. However the rooms are a little small and lack storage when compared to a regular Neptune suite. I loved the coffee/espresso machine and I believe if you don't put a capsule in you can get it to output plain hot water with no odd tastes. The sparkling wine (not champagne) is nothing to write home about. The Veuve Clicquot is just for show in the pictures however they do stock it on-board and you can have it delivered for a fee. I find the drink and wine prices on HAL to be quite reasonable. I've read on these boards that someone turned down a Penthouse upgrade to stay in one of these cabins. My wife and daughter said never again due to the size and lack of storage. One last word of advice if you stay on the floor directly below the lido deck it can be noisy when they move the deck chairs and loungers around in the morning.

We were in an aft wrap Neptune Suite on the Westerdam. The walk to the Neptune Lounge is sort of long but we didn't mind . But if all you need is hot water, I would do what one of the previous posters recommended and bring a big thermos, zip up to the Lido and fill it with hot water. I'd pick up a few tea bags from the NL and they do have BEST coffee! The coffee maker in the room is fine but does not hold a candle to the NL coffee. You can get snacks from the NL all day and as a perk, you can order hot and cold appys brought to you. We usually just went and got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just returned from the Eurodam and loved the aft facing suite. It is a huge room. I thought the storage was awesome and loved the balcony. I keep trying to put up pictures but the reports are they cannot be seen. If you search hal facts and look at the website I sent pictures to that site. I will attach a pic of the coffee pot just to see if it works.

The coffee in the room is good but the machine in the Neptune is the bomb! I brought a thermal mug and treated myself to a double cappuccino daily. They also have nicer tea than the rest of the ship IMO.

The sofa bed is the flip over type and our daughter said it was very comfortable. Views from the aft Neptune corner cabins are great and the veranda is longer but not any wider. However the rooms are a little small and lack storage when compared to a regular Neptune suite. I loved the coffee/espresso machine and I believe if you don't put a capsule in you can get it to output plain hot water with no odd tastes. The sparkling wine (not champagne) is nothing to write home about. The Veuve Clicquot is just for show in the pictures however they do stock it on-board and you can have it delivered for a fee. I find the drink and wine prices on HAL to be quite reasonable. I've read on these boards that someone turned down a Penthouse upgrade to stay in one of these cabins. My wife and daughter said never again due to the size and lack of storage. One last word of advice if you stay on the floor directly below the lido deck it can be noisy when they move the deck chairs and loungers around in the morning.

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!

This information is extremely helpful for me.

I just returned from the Eurodam and loved the aft facing suite. It is a huge room. I thought the storage was awesome and loved the balcony. I keep trying to put up pictures but the reports are they cannot be seen. If you search hal facts and look at the website I sent pictures to that site. I will attach a pic of the coffee pot just to see if it works.

The coffee in the room is good but the machine in the Neptune is the bomb! I brought a thermal mug and treated myself to a double cappuccino daily. They also have nicer tea than the rest of the ship IMO.

Thank you!

I am sure that the Neptune lounge is good - but being on the aft on deck 4 - I don't count on using the lounge too much, at least right now while not on the ship :)))

I found that we don't usually use lounges too much when we stay in suites. But probably I will like the HA's lounge and visit it more often - we'll see.

We were in an aft wrap Neptune Suite on the Westerdam. The walk to the Neptune Lounge is sort of long but we didn't mind . But if all you need is hot water, I would do what one of the previous posters recommended and bring a big thermos, zip up to the Lido and fill it with hot water. I'd pick up a few tea bags from the NL and they do have BEST coffee! The coffee maker in the room is fine but does not hold a candle to the NL coffee. You can get snacks from the NL all day and as a perk, you can order hot and cold appys brought to you. We usually just went and got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you very much!

As everybody is raving about the coffee in Neptune lounge - I will sure give it a try :)

I like to wake up early on the cruise and walk around the ship. If the lounge work those early hours, that would be the time I will certainly get the coffee there.