Splendor versus Miracle

cruiser1959

Big question.. What are the ports?

I prefer the Spirit Class ships (Miracle) to the ones like Splendor. The layout just flows better, but the itinerary would be what makes or breaks it for me. In the case of the canal, it would be certain that you use the new locks for Splendor, where you might use the old ones for Miracle (amazing how tight it is!).

Big question.. What are the ports?

I prefer the Spirit Class ships (Miracle) to the ones like Splendor. The layout just flows better, but the itinerary would be what makes or breaks it for me. In the case of the canal, it would be certain that you use the new locks for Splendor, where you might use the old ones for Miracle (amazing how tight it is!).

They have the same itinerary just opposite Times. So, would it be better to go through the new or old locks?

I haven't sailed the new locks, but after transiting the old ones on the Atlantic side, the experience just seems more authentic. You can see the new locks from the old ones. The new locks don't seem to have the diesel mules or older equipment that just makes the experience as cool.

We picked the Miracle PC cruise. It's a day longer, and the schedule worked better for us.

With all else being equal, I'd pick Miracle over Splendor (yes, I've sailed on both). There's nothing wrong with Splendor. We are just partial to the Spirit class ships (we were married on Pride) and will cruise on them whenever we can.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise. If you pick Miracle, we'll see you onboard :)

It just shows how preferences can be different. I've been on both ships. While both would be solidly in Carnival's B tier, we preferred the Miracle way more. Not a fan at all of the Splendor design. That said, you won't go wrong either way.

We were on the Splendor last month, the cruise that experienced engine issues. We sailed the Panama Canal last year, but with Holland America, have never been on the Miracle, but have sailed "spirit Class" ships. Personally I would choose the Miracle for its smaller size, unless the things fyree39 mentioned are really important to you. The Splendor had an amazing crew and great food options. Despite issues we had, I would sail her again. The Panama Canal cruise is amazing no matter what ship you are on. Enjoy your cruise, whatever ship you choose. I'd like to sail the Canal again soon.

We are trying to decide between Splendor and Miracle for Panama Canal cruise? Need opinions. Thanks!

I would choose Miracle. Love the Spirit class ships and purple is my favorite color.

I don't think you could go wrong though. Have a wonderful cruise whichever you choose!

Odd. The food and menus are pretty much standardized across the fleet.

Yep, and we just got off the Miracle two weeks ago and after 15 Carnival cruises we both thought the food was as good as it's ever been, even the desserts were good.

Back to the OP, we road the Miracle out here on the repo from NYC a few years ago. Absolutely a fantastic voyage. We had an aft balcony so no crowds watching the locks open and close. The Splendor does have several more dining opportunities, but I prefer the smaller Spirit class ships. That said, I suppose I'd take the Splendor just to check the new canal transit off "the list". Whichever route you choose will be the right one.

For the Panama Canal cruise, I personally would do the Splendor because this'll be the first time a ship the size of Splendor will be transiting through the new Panama Canal, it'd be quite an experience to be part of that history and see it all first hand. The Spirit class ships have done Panama several times, but this'll be the first time a bigger ship has ever gone through the canal, so I'd definitely would consider the Splendor for this once in a lifetime voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Miracle yesterday. For me it's all about the service. The Miracle has an amazing crew! We dined in the dining room every night. Food and service were AMAZING! The crew make you feel like family!

We are on the 4/1/17 Miracle cruise. Can you remember the Captains name. We are brining a gift for the crew "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. We can personalize the gift if we know the Captains name.

Glad you had a great time.

Thank you

Doug

Will have to give Splendor props for the Dive In movies, the Rotisserie (not so much the food, but the the upper level space is better in the evenings--more secluded) and the Tandoor (OMG!). But the layout, flow, single MDR vs two (which exacerbates the flow problem), and the front-and-flanking-sides-of-ship Serenity area are all negatives for me.

Miracle wins in my mind.

We are on the 4/1/17 Miracle cruise. Can you remember the Captains name. We are brining a gift for the crew "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. We can personalize the gift if we know the Captains name.

Glad you had a great time.

Thank you

Doug

Was just on the Miracle 2 weeks ago and met with the captain. His name is Vito Giacolone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums