Vodka question

Cruizen Susan

We are vodka drinkers. I should know, but we forget if Tito's is offered. It's not on the beverage package list, but that may be an old list. And if Tito's is available, I assume it's a classic package choice, because I recall being able to get it before under the classic??

Thanks as always!

Susan

This is all that is stated under the Classic Package Vodka's:

Smirnoff• Absolut• Absolut Flavors• Stolichnaya• Stoli Flavors.

Didn't see Tito's under either Classic or Premium package so maybe they don't carry it. It's been a while since we cruised with Celbrity so maybe someone else can help. We do have the Classic Package on our Alskan cruise on the Soltice this August though.

Tito's was on the Silhouette 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it's on the Classic or Premium package since I always upgrade to the premium so I don't have to worry about things like that.

Yep, Tito's was on the Silhouette Feb 19th. They offered it to me and I had the classic package.

any list you see of brands is an example of what you might be able to order. We have been on cruises where Ketel One is only on the Premium package...others where it's part of classic. We saw Titos on our last cruise...and of course Tito's cost less than Ketel One so one would think it's on the classic package, but logic doesn't help.

Taking this one step further, the classic package includes everything in the standard package plus more. Standard Package lists that I've seen in multiple places specifically list an "americano" as part of the standard package. I've tried to order it on the classic package and I've been told by multiple bartenders that the price of an americano exceeds the limit on the classic package. It would be nice if the left hand and right hand actually talked and things that are written and handed out on a ship were actually applied on the same ship. (yes, after a very short discussion with the F&B Manaager, we were not charged for Americanos on the rest of the cruise).

any list you see of brands is an example of what you might be able to order. We have been on cruises where Ketel One is only on the Premium package...others where it's part of classic. We saw Titos on our last cruise...and of course Tito's cost less than Ketel One so one would think it's on the classic package, but logic doesn't help.

Taking this one step further, the classic package includes everything in the standard package plus more. Standard Package lists that I've seen in multiple places specifically list an "americano" as part of the standard package. I've tried to order it on the classic package and I've been told by multiple bartenders that the price of an americano exceeds the limit on the classic package. It would be nice if the left hand and right hand actually talked and things that are written and handed out on a ship were actually applied on the same ship. (yes, after a very short discussion with the F&B Manaager, we were not charged for Americanos on the rest of the cruise).

Pardon my dumb question, but is there a list on your cruise that tells which brands fall under the different package levels or do you just have to ask the bartender?

Yep, Tito's was on the Silhouette Feb 19th. They offered it to me and I had the classic package.

To everyone who responded, a big thank you!! And I'm happy to hear that Tito's is on the classic package! Tito's is good enough for me, and hubby can upgrade to get his Ciroq~~:cocktail::cocktail:

As I said in an earlier post, what you see is not always what you get....but be hopeful.

If your husband likes Ciroq, he should try Bombora (available at the Martini bar), the number one vodka in Australia, also made from grape lees. And since he's there, he should also try Stoli Elit...one of the smoothest vodkas in the world and about 2x the price in a liquor store at home in the US.

So, say for example, I wanted a drink from the menu that had Ketel One (premium) listed as an ingredient, would they make the same drink under the classic with stoli or smirnoff and it would be covered under the classic or would I have to upgrade to the premium to get that drink period?

So, say for example, I wanted a drink from the menu that had Ketel One (premium) listed as an ingredient, would they make the same drink under the classic with stoli or smirnoff and it would be covered under the classic or would I have to upgrade to the premium to get that drink period?

Ah yes....so many questions, so few facts and little consistency......

I guess the answer is maybe, sometimes, often....you see some drinks have multiple alcohols and even using a "classic package" brand, the extra alcohol that's added might bring it over the limit....or the combination of ingredients might bring it over the limit...or just policy might bring it over the limit (eg. martini bar...you can't just ask for a chocolate martini made with absolut/ketel one...even though they have small/regular size glasses...they just won't do it) or a drink at the world bar made with dewars scotch or equivalent.

The only way to know the answer is to ask the bartender on board.....and then if you don't like the answer, try a different bar/bartender :)

Truthfully, it's really easier than I make it sound if you are a bit flexible....ask for what you want and if they say it's not included in the classic package, just order something else. Ask the bartender to recommend something that's like a "your favorite drink"....they can be pretty creative.

Great tips and answers, thanks all!!

DH always ends up very friendly with the bartenders, so I will relay your recommendations to him. I am far easier to please :) He overtips, much to my annoyance, so he tends to get whatever he wants. I think he will be especially interested in those top top shelf Australian and Stoli choices.

Slainte' cruise friends! :champagne-toast: