Guarantee cabin

How soon do they usually assign guarantee cabins? Sailing on June 17.

There's no usual, average, or typical. It could come anytime between now and the day of the cruise. Keep checking your booking on RC's website.

I had a hump balcony and was able to upgrade to a junior suite guarantee for $50pp. I'm just hoping I get a good location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great upgrade but keep an eye out for your assignment. There are JS on the aft of the ship on deck 6 and deck 7 that are center aft and directly behind the huge open space on the back of the ship. If you get one of those, I would try to switch to a side facing JS if any are available.

So the aft suites on 6 and 7 would be bad? I thought people love to get the aft cabins?

Not all aft cabins are great on all classes of ships. The center aft JS cabins on deck 6 and 7 are set way back in the superstructure of the ship. Personally, I wouldn't sail in one of them. These are older pictures in this link but the view is the same. Look at the center aft JS balcony pictures for deck 6 and 7, you will see what I mean.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_6-JS/gallery.html

So the aft suites on 6 and 7 would be bad? I thought people love to get the aft cabins?

Here's Bonaire from the coveted deck 10 aft JS on Adventure. The lower you go, the farther back the cabin is and the more steel you look at. Only the corner after cabins are worth booking from deck 8 and lower imho

DSC09478_zpsuuwizvl1.jpg

Now here's Bonaire from Vision's aft JS 8588.... which is the better view?

Th JS's on Voyager Class and larger are much more spacious, however the views on Radiance and Vision Class ships just cannot be beat imho

DSC05297_zpsc05d39a4.jpg

Adventure last August... assigned in 7-8 days

Most recently Explorer.... assigned about 4 weeks

Like others have posted, I haven't figured out a rhyme or reason of how or when they assign cabins

Oh no. I hope I don't get one of those 6 or 7 afts. But I guess it's a chance you take.

If you do get one of these assigned and feel that you'd like a 2nd option, quickly look up the other cabins available. You can change to another cabin within the same category that you have been assigned. Just call up whoever you booked with.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had center aft JS on Deck 7 on Navigator and loved it. Don't let these Negative Nellies scare you off.

Ok. That's great to hear. I guess everyone has their own opinion. Hopefully I will get my cabin assigned in the next few weeks. June 17 will be here soon!

On March 27, 2017 I booked 2 Guarantee Balcony Cabins & 1 inside guarantee leaving on May 25th. One balcony cabin was assigned very next day, I just received the 2nd balcony cabin, but am still waiting for the inside cabin (probably be right before we sail) lol. Guess there is really no set way for them to assigned them. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Just for info, our 4 x Guarantee Cabins were allocated on 27th March, we are on Indepedence from Southampton on 27th May so exactly 2 months before depart.

Not sure if that is the norm as our first time on RC

We sail on June 17 and we didn't get our cabin assignment yet so I guess it isn't the norm. I was hoping...