Embarkation time on MSC

tring

Absolutely - plus anything else just ask x

Thank you, if you don't mind can you check something else for me please. Weve got the all inclusive drinks package but are thinking of upgrading to the deluxe, however, Ive seen a drinks menu that says if you want a "luxury" drink you can pay €1.50 extra ie instead of Gordons gin you can get a Hendricks by paying the €1.50. If you spot anything like that on the drinks menu can you please let me know. Many thanks

Thank you, if you don't mind can you check something else for me please. Weve got the all inclusive drinks package but are thinking of upgrading to the deluxe, however, Ive seen a drinks menu that says if you want a "luxury" drink you can pay €1.50 extra ie instead of Gordons gin you can get a Hendricks by paying the €1.50. If you spot anything like that on the drinks menu can you please let me know. Many thanks

You can't pay the difference in price. If you want an item on the menu that's not covered in your drinks package, you'll pay full price plus 15% service charge.

So here goes..... we got here about 1.30pm avoid queue at luggage drop (as black), priority boarding straight to front of queue, checked in, security and on the ship!!! They had started boarding at 12.30. Were very rigid with numbers for boarding. There is a shop and a cafe in Hamburg terminal. €25 for taxi from Crowne Plaza to ship.

They have no list for formal nights for next cruise yet. Hope this helps you guys!!!

You can't pay the difference in price. If you want an item on the menu that's not covered in your drinks package, you'll pay full price plus 15% service charge.

:(

I had a feeling that would be the answer but couldn't understand what I saw written

So here goes..... we got here about 1.30pm avoid queue at luggage drop (as black), priority boarding straight to front of queue, checked in, security and on the ship!!! They had started boarding at 12.30. Were very rigid with numbers for boarding. There is a shop and a cafe in Hamburg terminal. €25 for taxi from Crowne Plaza to ship.

They have no list for formal nights for next cruise yet. Hope this helps you guys!!!

thanks for checking about the formal nights - I think I'm going to have to pack something in case - would hate to miss the opportunity for glaming up

we are going to chance it and turn up at 12:30 even though our tickets say 15:45

thanks for checking about the formal nights - I think I'm going to have to pack something in case - would hate to miss the opportunity for glaming up

we are going to chance it and turn up at 12:30 even though our tickets say 15:45

You're given a number when you arrive at the terminal. The earlier you get there, the lower the number and the quicker you'll be called for embarkation.

You'll do right by bringing something glam - hope you do have an 'Elegance' night to enjoy! ;)

Thank you very much for that, it is very useful information - enjoy your cruise. Can I ask if you asked concierge to call a taxi when you were ready to leave the hotel or did you pre book one?

IHLOZ - I will take a decent frock on our 3 night mini cruise, but my husband is just taking a good pair of trousers and good shirt with a tie - no jacket. From what I have read on other threads that should be OK to use the MDR on MSC formal nights (or we hope so as we are away for a week and are only checking in one suitcase between us for our Easyjet flight out to Hamburg).

Always taxis outside crowne plaza no need to book or anything just jump in one :)

Mixture of dress as always on msc as long as long trousers on men anything goes for formal night in mdr- the dress code is only a suggestion and I'm sorry if this upsets people but... each to their own I personally don't care what people wear and those who do it's their problem. We go on holiday to have a good time and relax so I'm sure you guys will too whatever you do.

Allegedly next cruise is like this one formal night are all seadays...

Seemingly there are over 500 Brits on next cruise I was telephoned the other day and asked for some feedback being British!!! - interesting bit of market research!!!!

Happy cruising - hope I managed to share and help you guys :)

IHLOZ - I will take a decent frock on our 3 night mini cruise, but my husband is just taking a good pair of trousers and good shirt with a tie - no jacket. From what I have read on other threads that should be OK to use the MDR on MSC formal nights (or we hope so as we are away for a week and are only checking in one suitcase between us for our Easyjet flight out to Hamburg).

Ive now had it confirmed by the Director of Sales at MSC that there will be a formal night onboard on the 4th so the tux and sparkly outfit is in the case - I love the chance to get dressed up

regarding the taxi, we've contacted a few as we are a party of 4 and the standard type wont be enough with our cases too - the best one we have found for price so far is https://www.taxi-stambula.de/

• 2 weeks later...

Well we had a late (2pm) checkout time at our hotel which included the club lounge food and drink, so we took a walk in the morning and had a relaxing lunch there. We then left for the port about 2.20pm. We had to queue for about 10 mins to get our check in time number then waited two hours to be called for check in and went through all sorts of different processes after that. At the the last stage our tickets were scanned then taken off us as we entered the ship and we were then just left, so we asked if we should go to our cabin. We were told, 'Yes, where you will find your cruise cards'. Hence we then had to ask what our cabin number was as we no longer had our tickets and did not have cruise cards!

Not the best of embarkations by any means, but I think we realised we would arrive at a busy time. As a big ship, Preziosa was certainly very different than what we have been used to on small ships, but I will do a review of Preziosa and will mention some differences. Some advantages as well as a number of disadvantages, but that is more or less what we expected.

We will be traveling with our two small children in March. Are their restrooms to use if one our kids has to use the toilet while we are dutifully standing in the line to get onboard?

You're given a number when you first enter the port terminal and you sit and wait 'til your number is called for boarding. There are restrooms in the terminal and (in Barcelona anyway) crew offering water and juice at a table about halfway up the terminal.

• 1 month later...

A quick question. We are embarking in Genoa on a Saturday next month. Two of us will be arriving on Friday night, and the 3rd guest will arrive around 11:30 on Saturday. We have the black membership with Aurea package. I would like to spend the day exploring Genoa and then get on the ship around 4:00? Do you think this is a bad idea? (hotel will hold luggage). The other option is to go directly to the ship, hope for early embarkation and then leave again to explore. This sounds more difficult. I would appreciate the advice of someone who has experienced this. Thanks in advance.

In Genoa you could get to the port early, check your luggage there and catch the hop on, hop off bus to explore and then embark later that afternoon. Check out the bus schedule on-line. It seems like it had a different schedule depending upon time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 years later...