Jade - Adult Pools

Jaclyn1945

Notionally yes one was adults only, but based on observation from my cruise - no, the ones on the main deck were all mixed. Although the really young kids were all in their shallow pool. If you want adults only hot tubs then you either need to leave no room for kids or buy a spa pass (but those tubs are male or female only, so not good for couples).

That said, there weren't a great deal of kids around and they didn't seem to get in the way of anyone, but that will vary depending on the time of the cruise.

Our last cruise on the Dawn, there were 400 kids on board and I swear they were all in the adult pool and hot tubs day and night. We never once were able to use either. We had to get spa passes. This is why we usually book long cruises. Very few kids. That cruise was 7 days

Our last cruise on the Dawn, there were 400 kids on board and I swear they were all in the adult pool and hot tubs day and night. We never once were able to use either. We had to get spa passes. This is why we usually book long cruises. Very few kids. That cruise was 7 days

Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

I don't know. NCL even had to post a crew member to sit in a chair on the band stage to watch the kids because most parents were not. The kids were running all around the pool and jumping in. A lot of them were so young they were wearing swimmies and life jackets. The crew never intervened.

That is my main reason for disliking the Dawn is that one pool full of kids. I've been on it twice to Bermuda and it was always full. The Gem was great - had the two pools side by side like the Pearl and Jewel. I wondered if the Jade had one or two as we've never been on her.

On the Epic the spa pools were male and female 18+ only. Each sex had a private sauna as well as the mixed, but no separate hot tubs.

I have never seen a cruise line actually enforce the adults only pools, even the serenity deck on Carnival. Epic was no different with children in the back hot tubs that were supposed to be adult only.

It would be nice if they enforced the adults only areas, but then they would have upset parents bitching that THEIR kids should be the exception.

I started a thread here on cruise critic to see if anyone would book a cruise with NCL if it was offered adults only. Boy did I get flamed by a lot of people. I would book it in a minute.

I didn't flame you.....and would book that cruise in a minute! Sometimes parents of entitled children forget that everyone else has rights too. I paid $300 for a spa pass so I can relax a bit. Rainey

On the Jade, are there only 2 pools and one is just marked "adults only"?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are two big pools, plus a tiny paddling pool for very small kids. One is labeled adults only, but isn't in practice. I'm not sure there is any labeling actually around the pools, just on the deck plans.

On the Epic the spa pools were male and female 18+ only. Each sex had a private sauna as well as the mixed, but no separate hot tubs.

I have never seen a cruise line actually enforce the adults only pools, even the serenity deck on Carnival. Epic was no different with children in the back hot tubs that were supposed to be adult only.

It would be nice if they enforced the adults only areas, but then they would have upset parents bitching that THEIR kids should be the exception.

on two Carnival cruises, they enforced the serenity deck to over 18. occassionlly a kid would walk through, but i never saw them stop (did see two people going at it one night=nightmares there). on royal carribean- there were kids in the adults only area constantly.

I started a thread here on cruise critic to see if anyone would book a cruise with NCL if it was offered adults only. Boy did I get flamed by a lot of people. I would book it in a minute.

I would completely go on one of those.

i love kids. and there are definitely some well behaved kids, but then there are those kids that misbehave. On my last one, there were 3 kids (under 10, 1 in a life jacket) literally splashing & swimming in a hot tub & splashed water in my drink (not adults only, but under an age, adult required & drinks not prohibited). I stood up and "walked" (stood in front of them and walked towards the steps, but never touching them) them out of the hot tub and told them to come back with their parents. they never did. (and yes this was after i asked a crew member to do something).

I know as a kid, i behaved, but my brother did not. also, i know that some kids don't behave ever. and all kids have their moments.

• 10 months later...

I know as a kid, i behaved, but my brother did not. also, i know that some kids don't behave ever. and all kids have their moments.

Whew, you don't know how grateful I am for your post! :)

After years of cruising, my Beloved and I are taking the entire family, including six g'kidlets (ack, there goes the romance) on the Pearl. Yes, Meemaw, Granddaddy and our sons and daughters-in-law will be vigilant, but even the best of kids can have their poopydoopy moments. I just hope theirs will be on the drive home because we're flying.

Your telling the kids to come back with their parents was perfect. Thank you for being someone who can keep their cool and still win the day.

Simple solution, book adult only cruises. While there are no adult only ships, there are plenty of ship takeovers anymore that are strictly for adults.

why should I have to take an adult only cruise to simply have people follow basic rules and common courtesy? why can't parents simply surpervise their children? I have been in the pools and hot tubs with kids present without their parents and there have been no problems. there have been times that parents were in the pools and hot tubs with their kids and the kids misbehaved and they walked them out.

but i know that my husband did not want to stay in a hot tub once by himself (when i went to go get a drink) when there were 2 girls around 11 years old simply because in this day and age with how accusations are.

why should I have to take an adult only cruise to simply have people follow basic rules and common courtesy? why can't parents simply surpervise their children? I have been in the pools and hot tubs with kids present without their parents and there have been no problems. there have been times that parents were in the pools and hot tubs with their kids and the kids misbehaved and they walked them out.

but i know that my husband did not want to stay in a hot tub once by himself (when i went to go get a drink) when there were 2 girls around 11 years old simply because in this day and age with how accusations are.

You should not have to, but then again, the other passengers should obey the rules, and the cruise lines should enforce the rules.

Since they don't obey the rules, and they don't enforce the rules, if you don't want to have a bunch of children in the adult only areas, go on cruises where there are no children.

It may be up to adult passengers to speak up and tell the offending kids/parents that a pool is "Adult" only.....that's worked for us! The crew doesn't want to "offend" anyone, but if you speak up and seem "offended" the crew might step up and enforce the signage!

Never had it happen yet. Every time we have complained it has been ignored. Apparently so for other people according to this thread, and every other thread that talks about parents letting their kids into adult only areas.

I suppose you could create a scene, but that is just as likely to have you thrown off the ship as the people breaking the rules. Especially when all the parents start screaming about how *THEIR* child is an exception to the rule and *THEIR* child is well behaved and doesn't need to be supervised, and about how *THEIR* child is grown up enough to be with adults, and about how people who don't want children in adults only areas are the problem. You know, sort of like when someone posts on CC that children should not be in adult only areas and that parents should supervise their kids, and then all the parents that don't supervise their kids and let them in to adult only areas come and attack the people who would like the rules to be enforced.

When we cruised on the Epic they even had children in the bars at night, I mean really, parents like that should have their children taken away. If you let them in to adult only areas and make them think that it is right, you should expect them to be in the bars as well.

Does anyone know if the pools (both or one) on the Jade are adult only? I would assume they have some adult only hot tubs as well...

Last year when we were on the Jade, we had to go to guest services and point out that their brochure stated that there was an adult only pool. They did put a sign out there adults only and were very good about enforcing it but only after we brought this to their attention.