Neptune Photos? Pinnacle/Tamarind Dress Code?

tabooma al

Hello,

We just were offered an upgrade to a Neptune Suite on the Eurodam, Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle, and have a couple of questions:

1. I've found some posts regarding the Neptune Lounge, but no photos of said lounge. Any link to some photos of the Neptune Lounge?

2. What is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind restaurants? In other words, is a coat and tie required?

Thanks,

Al Carter

Hello,

We just were offered an upgrade to a Neptune Suite on the Eurodam, Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle, and have a couple of questions:

1. I've found some posts regarding the Neptune Lounge, but no photos of said lounge. Any link to some photos of the Neptune Lounge?

2. What is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind restaurants? In other words, is a coat and tie required?

Thanks,

Al Carter

Curious what had you booked prior to upgrade? We're on the same cruise and booked a Signature. If you don't mind what was the $

Dress codes for Both locations are the same as the DR for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we can post a link to it, but google hal facts and you should find a website with lots of photos.

The Neptune Lounge is an interior lounge (no windows). It has some seating on sofas and chairs plus a conference table. There is a coffee machine (also has hot water), with snacks offered at breakfast, late morning, lunch, afternoon tea, and canapes. The concierges have a desk in there. It isn't a lounge to hang out in all day, but it's a nice place to get good coffee and a snack. No free drinks, but there is an honor bar.

The lounge is not the best thing about Neptune Suite. Other perks include free laundry, priority boarding and tendering, breakfast in the Pinnacle grill. And, of course, a very large cabin and balcony.

Hello,

I found this: http://www.beyondships.com/HAL-Eurodam-Tour6.html It has a couple of pictures. Also, if you google "eurodam neptune lounge photos" -- google images has a bunch of photos.

Ouch. Just curious: How much more would have the Neptune Suite have cost if you had booked it in the first place?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Ouch. Just curious: How much more would have the Neptune Suite have cost if you had booked it in the first place?
Answering my own question: Somewhere between $3,100 and $5,800 pp. So about five times as much. That makes a lot more sense now. :) And I hope it helps properly set my expectation, should I receive an upsell offer, i.e., that it would be roughly 20% of the incremental I would have paid if I were to booked the higher grade accommodation to start with.

Hello,

Thanks,

Al Carter

We were on Oosterdam about a month ago. I wore cargo pants and polos to the pinnacle grill four of five nights. The dress code for the specialty dining is the same as the MDR.

Answering my own question: Somewhere between $3,100 and $5,800 pp. So about five times as much. That makes a lot more sense now. :) And I hope it helps properly set my expectation, should I receive an upsell offer, i.e., that it would be roughly 20% of the incremental I would have paid if I were to booked the higher grade accommodation to start with.

The $649 was the cost of the upgrade. You have to factor in the cost of the signature suite as well. The cruise is sold out so that's hard to do.

The $649 was the cost of the upgrade. You have to factor in the cost of the signature suite as well. The cruise is sold out so that's hard to do.

A little fishy helped me do that. That is factored into my numbers.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I just had a NS on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The lounge was a nice perk.

I enjoyed the coffee, water and juices. The little snacks were nice too.

It seemed perfectly acceptable to load up a plate of snacks and take them to your room / balcony.

The Honor Bar in the lounge is now included in the drink package. This is a recent change. You mix your own drink and fill out your own charge slip.

Other perks...

You'll have a Nespresso style coffee maker in the room. Delicious.

If you ask you can have both hot and cold app's delivered to the room in the evening. We did

6pm for three people, as we usually had a guest or two stopping by as well. The hot apps were usually fried shrimp, chicken, or fish with a dipping sauce.

Tons of storage is available.

Learn how to connect your phone or iPad to the BOSE speaker. The TV is huge and great quality.

There was no problem getting dinner reservations via the concierge.

Priority Tendering- Just keep asking at the tender area.

Priority Check-In on day 1- Just start asking when you show up. As soon as I asked we were whisked out of the check-in line and directed to the front.

Cons- The room was a little noisy. The walls and ceiling creaked with anything more than flat seas. Also, secure any clothing hangers in the closets as they tend to "clank". The free standing shower was kind of tiny and we found it easier to just use the bath tub shower.

You mix your own drink and fill out your own charge slip.
How Good are the prices as compared to those you can expect to pay at the bar? (I suppose at the very least you save the gratuity.)

Dress code for either venue is like main dining room. However, we have been to both many times and do dress up a little more just because we decided to make it a bit more special for ourselves. Many of the folks who go to the Pinnacle do seemed a bit more dressed up. I'm sure you'll be find either way. Enjoy--Tamarind is my favorite!