Vista Fahrenheit 555: Cowboy vs Spiced Ribeye

Adc430

Going on the vista soon, have reservations for the first night and just wanted to look thru the menu. Can't decide on which of the 2 to have (prefer a larger steak over the small fillet). So I'm asking for your help/suggestions on which to have (cooked medium) don't want to pick something that's not that good. What exactly are the differences with the two of them? Pics would be awesome!

They are both amazing. It really comes down to whether you want a traditionally seasoned steak (cowboy) or one with a spice rub. If you truly love the flavor of a ribeye, the cowboy is the way to go.

I almost always go with the cowboy. The flavor is very good, I get it cooked medium rare and the meat is usually almost as tender as most filets I get at home.

The ribeye is good as well, but I am not a huge fan of the seasoning that they put on it. I had an after taste for the entire next day when I got the ribeye last time.

I would post pictures, but my wife draws the line at food pictures when we go to the steak house... something about us focusing on us, not pictures....

Have a great trip! I am down to 9 days till my next Vista adventure!

They are both amazing. It really comes down to whether you want a traditionally seasoned steak (cowboy) or one with a spice rub. If you truly love the flavor of a ribeye, the cowboy is the way to go.

What type of spice rub is it, is it spicy?

I prefer the spice rubbed ribeye, but there's nothing wrong with the cowboy steak! :D

LOL...having survived a cattle ranch..I'm loving this thread...the pics look good. Everyone here in steak country has different tastes and rubs and preferences. I love the real meat taste with a little salt and pepper and corn fed at the end no matter the cut. I had the filet and that was very good the one time I have been so far.

Hi Jamman and everyone....still have to look up your last review Jamman...thanks as always.

So basically, they are both ribeyes just with different seasonings?

I almost always go with the cowboy. The flavor is very good, I get it cooked medium rare and the meat is usually almost as tender as most filets I get at home.

The ribeye is good as well, but I am not a huge fan of the seasoning that they put on it. I had an after taste for the entire next day when I got the ribeye last time.

I would post pictures, but my wife draws the line at food pictures when we go to the steak house... something about us focusing on us, not pictures....

9 days here as well, ribeye sounds good. TY

Thanks you too! If you have any tips/to do on the vista let me know!

These pictures are from the Magic steakhouse, we both agreed the spiced ribeye was the better of the two 2_1.jpg

Spiced ribeye

1_2.jpg

Cowboy cut

Can I ask what made the spice better over the cowboy? Is it the rub that makes a difference?

Can I ask what made the spice better over the cowboy? Is it the rub that makes a difference?

The marbling through out the meat and the fact that the spiced one was thicker which made medium rare easier to achieve was part of why we liked it more. Bone-in ribeye is our preferred cut at home so we were both surprised that we liked the spiced one better.