Which deck on Regal?

estespark3

We are getting ready to book today on the Regal..............we have never sailed on one of the newer, bigger ships.

Cruise is spring 2018 so pretty much available on all decks.

Are there benefits or demerits to various decks, especially considering one person with seasickness issues?

All decks from 8-15 are in play, but must decide today.

Thanks.

Em

Sea sickness issues - Lower decks would be better. Mid-ship location would be best. The closer you are to the ship's center of gravity, the less motion you will notice. Also avoid aft cabins. There are more vibrations in aft cabins. While I thoroughly enjoyed the vibes and the view, my wife did not like the constant vibrations from the props. In the end it depends on your preference.

Also you might run into elevator traffic jams. Having a lower deck means you can go to the public areas by taking stairs. Our room was on the Dolphin (9) deck and we usually just take the stairs to 5, 6, or 7.

Regal will soon have midship stairs so I would suggest staying midship to be in middle of things. Perhaps Dolphin deck so you have cabins above/below? Staying low will help with sea sickness

That is good to know. We were fine without the midship stairs but would prefer them. I just got a big bonus at work so I'm thinking of adding in a solo on the Regal in D424 which we loved in December. Wouldn't mind if stairs were right there to pop down a few flights.

We are getting ready to book today on the Regal..............we have never sailed on one of the newer, bigger ships.

Cruise is spring 2018 so pretty much available on all decks.

Are there benefits or demerits to various decks, especially considering one person with seasickness issues?

All decks from 8-15 are in play, but must decide today.

Thanks.

I have been on the Royal Princess for three 20 day cruises. I stay on deck 10 Caribe for 40 days and deck 11 Baja for 20 days always midship. We never felt any moment at all. Good luck!!

I know your asking about the Regal. I don't think there will be any difference between ships.

Tony

E425 has a larger balcony but cheaper category. We had a balcony breakfast and dinner so if you want a cheaper balcony that is good stick to the lower level on that side so people can't see you from the skywalk or the other side you don't have to worry about people seeing you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

looking at the regal for western caribbean in march of 2018. we just went on our first cruise a couple weeks ago (alaska, ncl). this ship seems sooooo much bigger. another 4 or 5 decks!!! my head is spinning as to what deck to book. thinking about deluxe balcony on the lido deck (L229). we have two young kids (7 and 9), so i guess kid's club and pool might be priorities. but deck 16 seems so far from the lower dining rooms and public areas (elevator congestion is a concern). also have heard some tidbits here and there of possible noise from retreat pool area above. but even that, i've seen both sides--from "oh, it's fine, no noise" to "chairs scraping above all night". i dunno what to believe. lol!!! any input would be great. thanks in advance. in any event, this ship looks AMAZING and i'm pretty sure we'll have a great time.

looking at the regal for western caribbean in march of 2018. we just went on our first cruise a couple weeks ago (alaska, ncl). this ship seems sooooo much bigger. another 4 or 5 decks!!! my head is spinning as to what deck to book. thinking about deluxe balcony on the lido deck (L229). we have two young kids (7 and 9), so i guess kid's club and pool might be priorities. but deck 16 seems so far from the lower dining rooms and public areas (elevator congestion is a concern). also have heard some tidbits here and there of possible noise from retreat pool area above. but even that, i've seen both sides--from "oh, it's fine, no noise" to "chairs scraping above all night". i dunno what to believe. lol!!! any input would be great. thanks in advance. in any event, this ship looks AMAZING and i'm pretty sure we'll have a great time.

I have been on 30 cruises with Princess and love the Caribe deck 10. It's very quiet. Second choice is Baja deck 11 for the same reason.

Tony

You'll likely have a bit of noise from the Retreat Pool in this cabin, but otherwise the location is great! Easy access to pool deck, dining spots there, back to the buffet, etc. Elevators forward are usually not as crowded as mid-ship or aft, so no worries there either, and an extra minute's wait while on vacation - does it matter that much really?

As for the main dining rooms, if you have set dining times, you'll likely be in the aft dining room, deck 6, so you could easily either walk back on the pool deck then take the aft elevators, or go down to 7, walk through the Atrium and such, then down one flight to the dining room...

If you're in anytime dining, no worries, they're both mid-ship!

If the price is right, I'd go for it. No hesitation on location there..

i'm considering a lido mini and as the one poster above said, i'm getting mixed reviews about noise. is the deck chair noise all day or just in the mornings and are there parties after sanctuary closes at 6? i admit i'm not a stay up till midnight person but i am usually up by 7 or 8.

edit: i just am now realizing the retreat pool is free adult pool not part of the sanctuary. so id normally never book under a pool. but this location just seems so good.

am i going to regret it? with gfs knee we will not be using steps at all. so this seemed perfect to access the grill and pizza etc.

Edited by luckyinpa