The going nowhere cruise.

chromered7

I love being at sea, especially at night. I'm not especially fond of spending overnight in a port, least of all in ports that offer little of interest to me to do there. I'll compromise and agree to late departures such as midnight, but to spend all night in a port---that isn't why I cruise. Maybe the crew and staff enjoy overnight port stays. It might be a little vacation for some of them.

For us our next cruise is my 50th cruise. It will be my 28 cruise with Celebrity. Yes the destination does come into play. We like the Celebrity cruise ships and the people that are working or on vacation. We are really liking the Suite Life. Factors are weather here at home, just time to get away, where do we want to go, lets go see that again. Could I go on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean and not get off the ship, YES. I do like staying on the ship while most people are off seeing the sites.

We love cruise itineraries where there are some new destinations to see and one or two places where everyone else gets off and we can enjoy the ship.

By 10.30ish most evenings we like to be on the balcony with a last brandy, the shrimp or cheese platter left by our butler enjoying the sea, stars and sound of the waves....

We have experienced a few overnight stops....if we had a view from our balcony I was OK with it but too frequently these stops can be in industrial yards....We clearly remember watching cranes moving containers back and forth in Muscat! Not quite what we had imagined! At least our deck was high enough up to be looking over the containers.....