Lori Cunningham Frese has passed away

chees

For those of you familiar with her or her travel agency, I was very shocked to get an email from Lori's husband today about her passing. She was only 52 and I have cruised with her and worked with her for many years. So very sad. She will be missed.

Tina

I don't think she posts on here. She has owned a Travel Agency for probably 20 years and did A LOT of cruise business. For being a small agency, she could compete with anybody on pricing.....she could easily go head to head with the "big boys". She has had 2 agents working for her for close to 20 years. One guy and one gal did an excellent job working for her keeping her good (business) name in good standings with a ton of people. Lori was a great person who always took great care of her clients. I can't of course mention the agency, but if you heard it, I'm sure a lot of people would know it.

R.I.P. Lori.......those angels up there will need a vacation also :( :(

Knew Lori many years ago. She was active on a cruise travel forum & helped with group cruises. Lori will be missed.

I've been here on CC for a long time but am not familiar with Lori. In what city wsas her agency?

For all those here who lost a friend, my condolences.

Lori's agency was in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Lori and another agent got together back in '98 and formed a group cruise. That is where I first met her. A lovely lady and a darn good cruise agent.

Although Lori was not closely tied with that group for a while, we still cruise together 2-3 times a year 18+ years later.

She will be missed.

Just think....very tall buildings and you will get the idea.;)

I believe I booked once with Lori. I just don't remember if I had to later cancel that cruise.

At any rate, I remember her being a very nice lady.

Rest in Peace

Thanks of ghe info and avain, my condolences to all who lost a friend.

I went to another forum I used to visit often,(but have not been to in moer than 10+ years) lI tried to log in and was told my 'user name was already taken.. Yes, already taken by me. :)

I had not been tghere for so long, I was 'lost.' in the 'inventory., I suspect. I the name Lore Cunningham is ringing a bell with me and it likely is from that forum. I wanted to express my condolences to people on that forum but cannot log in.

I booked with her on RCCL Allure of the Seas and sailed April 2016. I live in CA and booked by phone so we spoke a few times. She is my age so it really hits home. My condolences to her family, friends and business associates.

We will also miss Lori and became acquainted with her back in the rec.travel.cruises days --- We never met, but we have booked dozens of cruises with her over the years. We are currently on the Star Princess.

We were looking forward to a cross country retirement trip. We where going to include going through Arkansas and planned to take Lori and Non out to lunch.

We received an email from her husband earlier in our current cruise. --- We are very sad.

I first remember Lori from her postings on the rec.travel.cruises newgroup. I had booked through her agency for many years as recently as this past February 2017.

Wow.....you smacked my memory there. I now remember that newsgroup. It has been so many years I completely forgot. It appears to be a google group now and is still active.

That might have been where I "met" Lori.

We will also miss Lori and became acquainted with her back in the rec.travel.cruises days --- We never met, but we have booked dozens of cruises with her over the years. We are currently on the Star Princess.

.................. We received an email from her husband earlier in our current cruise. --- We are very sad.

This could have been our post as well, We've booked over 30 cruises with Lori and her agency, never met her in person, but feel like we've been long time friends. I didn't see Jacob's email until we pulled into San Pedro on the Star. How sad and what a shock to us all.

I just found out about this today. I too, came across Lori in rec.travel.cruises and we booked with her somewhere back in 2000 or 2001 then finally got around to another cruise a couple years ago. When we were thinking about another is when I found out. Our first cruise booked with Lori we actually cruised with her on the Grand Princess and it was its 1st anniversary cruise.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Lori was an extraordinary travel agent. We were totally shocked to hear of her sudden transition. 52 is young! She worked with us on a number of cruises and we always ended up with just the best cabins, pricing, perks and customer service. Our hearts go our to her family and friends. Blessings and prayers.

• 3 months later...

Very sorry to hear the news. My condolences to her family. Lori booked a few cruises for me several years ago but we lost touch. I recently found an old correspondence with her name on it and decided to see if she was still in business and was shocked to learn she passed away in March. Rest in Peace Lori!

• 8 months later...

I am having a horrid memory that she passed some months ago. I never met her but heard of her oft gen. I was sure there was a post here a bout her passing before this. . May she RIP.

I certainly mean no disrspect but am genuinely confused.