Best restaurant on the Divina

Dirtdevil71

we usually plan one night at a specialty restaurant, which one do you think is the best choice?

Personally, not much of a choice. One looks like a Checkers. Other is a little better in decor. Ship is very elegant, but SRs, very lacking. JMHO!

My vote is for Galaxy, hands down. It was the best steak I've ever had in my life, ask for the tournedos. Also, the chocolate lava cake was amazing! I didn't care for either the food or the atmosphere in Eataly, but Galaxy is a WOW!

Also, I thought the Sports Bar was good for lunch (free).

I also vote for the Galaxy restaurant. Our food was great, the service excellent and the atmosphere is hard to beat. Of course this was from two years ago, things may have changed.

My husband and I vote for the Galaxy. Delicious food, service was top notch and the atmosphere was awesome! We also ate at Eataly Steakhouse (not Eataly RESTAURANT). We were not impressed by the Steakhouse food or atmosphere. I have heard that Eataly Restaurant is better but that is just hearsay. Can't go wrong with Galaxy in our opinion!:)

We cruised this past January, 2017. Hoping that our unsatisfactory Eataly Steakhouse experience will be better next cruise. We want to give them another try.

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

How do you make reservations for the specialty restaurants?

You can call them or just walk up to the restaurant to see what dates and times are available. We went the first night, with no reservation, and were seated immediately.

My husband and I vote for the Galaxy. Delicious food, service was top notch and the atmosphere was awesome! We also ate at Eataly Steakhouse (not Eataly RESTAURANT). We were not impressed by the Steakhouse food or atmosphere. I have heard that Eataly Restaurant is better but that is just hearsay. Can't go wrong with Galaxy in our opinion!:)

We cruised this past January, 2017. Hoping that our unsatisfactory Eataly Steakhouse experience will be better next cruise. We want to give them another try.

Hi debating which restaurant to choice for our cruise..What type of food/atmosphere does the Galaxy have that sets it apart from the other one. We'd like to treat our family to a specialty restaurant and want to make the right choice :)

Hi debating which restaurant to choice for our cruise..What type of food/atmosphere does the Galaxy have that sets it apart from the other one. We'd like to treat our family to a specialty restaurant and want to make the right choice :)

Galaxy is a tasting room with 3 different tasting menus and wine pairings. There is no choice beyond the tasting menus and basically, these can change, so no telling what might be served. So expect many courses of small dishes with wine pairings for each course. The purpose of the menu is to excite the senses. Should I tell you the secret about this restaurant or do you want to wait and be surprised? What I will say is that this is really a restaurant for foodies and the experience is highly unusual, even by tasting room standards, but excellent. However, if anyone in your party is deaf, the concept would not work very well for them. If you are not a foodie, I'm not sure if you would like this experience.

If you want to know the secret, watch this video about a similar concept restaurant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ztexzaoMw