Baby pool on carnival

Ducky2814

I just can't understand why people needs to bring a pool. First of all it's not allowed. Then someone else doesn't think you should bring kids until they are 5. Carnival is the fun ship and they have a lot to do for all ages. We have a 3 and 6 year old and we always go on Cruises. We never had problems putting my kids in the pool before they were potty trained because we put swimming diapers on them. Just don't make a big deal about it and put a swimmer diaper on under the bathing suit and no one will say anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't worry, it's a Babe Ruth Bar

Bring a blow up TUB...not a wading pool! A small tub is ample for a 1 year old to sit and splash. Empty into a shower or floor drain...NOT onto the deck or into a pool. You can use your ice bucket to put enough water in for splashing. A couple inches is all that's needed. A tub is small enough to fit right beside your chair.

Ships pools are not large enough to handle fecal contamination. Just because a swim diaper might "hold in" the solids, the pool water is flowing thru the contents....and that contaminates the water, and can make others ill. Don't put "non potty trained" kids in any pool!

Bring a blow up TUB...not a wading pool! A small tub is ample for a 1 year old to sit and splash. Empty into a shower or floor drain...NOT onto the deck or into a pool. You can use your ice bucket to put enough water in for splashing. A couple inches is all that's needed. A tub is small enough to fit right beside your chair.

Ships pools are not large enough to handle fecal contamination. Just because a swim diaper might "hold in" the solids, the pool water is flowing thru the contents....and that contaminates the water, and can make others ill. Don't put "non potty trained" kids in any pool!

That's what I was talking about the blow up tub to use in the shower as a tub for my small child. Maybe on the balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like to point out that when I brought a pool on board I had no idea it was against the rules. And no one told me it was prohibited. So the idea that people break the rules because they don't care or think the rules don't apply to them is not always ture. I found at it was against the rules only on this board.

We brought a blow up tub, used it on our balcony. We filled it using water bottles and water from the tap so we could get it warmer if needed. I think we would end up putting just a couple inches of water in-enough to splash a bit but nothing major. This was 7 years ago and I don't recall the tubs not being allowed. It was a small yellow tub that was about 2 feet long by 18 inches wide.

The vast majority of people are just fine with it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also am planning a cruise and will be taking me of tho

And you will be FINE! Don't listen to the old fuddy duddies on here. It's been done and bothers nobody, as long as it's off to the side. Enjoy your cruise!!!!!:D

Agree with both of these statements! Especially the part I put in bold red!

Additional Prohibited Items

Clothing irons and steamers (All Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

Electrical and household appliances, such as a coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, humidifier, etc. (see Exemptions below)

Heating Pads

Hookahs

Alcohol (hard liquor) and Beer

Wine or champagne (sealed, unopened bottles brought on at embarkation) beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)

Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)

Large coolers

Handcuffs

Candles and Incense

Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches (Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.)

Bicycles (this includes travel bicycles that can be folded up)

Surfboards, boats and canoes

Scooters (only permitted if used for mobility – must be stored in guest’s stateroom)

Inflatable Kiddie Pool

Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes

Kava

Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

Additional Prohibited Items

Clothing irons and steamers (All Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

Electrical and household appliances, such as a coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, humidifier, etc. (see Exemptions below)

Heating Pads

Hookahs

Alcohol (hard liquor) and Beer

Wine or champagne (sealed, unopened bottles brought on at embarkation) beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)

Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)

Large coolers

Handcuffs

Candles and Incense

Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches (Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.)

Bicycles (this includes travel bicycles that can be folded up)

Surfboards, boats and canoes

Scooters (only permitted if used for mobility – must be stored in guest’s stateroom)

Inflatable Kiddie Pool

Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes

Kava

Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

^THIS^ I always see them in the hallways.

Unfortunately though, this is probably a reason why some people don't want to cruise with our kids. Swim diapers are not allowed, just as baby pools aren't. Swim diapers do not absorb urine. They just contain the poop (sometimes). I've seen many a time in pools when containment was not exactly successful, which results in the pool being closed down. I know lots of pools outside of cruise ships allow them though. I am only speaking for myself, but I just prefer to stick with the rules.

I don't condone swim diapers - that rule is there for a reason and like you said it does not walways contain the poop - But let's be real about your other statement about it not containing urine ... If you don't want to be in a pool full of urine don't get in the pool because I garuntee you older children and even adults relieve themselves in those pools

^THIS^ I always see them in the hallways.

That is because scooters generally don't fit within in the doorway - we had to get one on our last cruise because my daughter fractured her foot a few days before we left and it would not fit in the door

Honestly, I GET the rules about the swim diapers. To contaminate the whole pool and have it shut down ruins it for everyone. But I do think Carnival needs a solution for those kids who are not potty trained. I am going to be traveling with my 7 month old and 8 year old. Obviously my 8 year old will want to be in the pool all the time, but her brother cant. I dont see whyy if I found a quiet corner somewhere my little one splashing in a few inches of water in a tub that takes up less than 3 feet should be an issue. Especially since it's not like hes going for free, even though there are essentially NO amenities for them (pool, camp, etc..)

I don't condone swim diapers - that rule is there for a reason and like you said it does not walways contain the poop - But let's be real about your other statement about it not containing urine ... If you don't want to be in a pool full of urine don't get in the pool because I garuntee you older children and even adults relieve themselves in those pools

Oh, I completely agree! I was just explaining the properties of swim diapers to the poster who stated that they felt it was alright to take their kids in the pool because they put swim diapers on them because the poster didn't seem to understand. But, yeah, I don't have delusions of urine free public pools. ;p

Honestly, I GET the rules about the swim diapers. To contaminate the whole pool and have it shut down ruins it for everyone. But I do think Carnival needs a solution for those kids who are not potty trained. I am going to be traveling with my 7 month old and 8 year old. Obviously my 8 year old will want to be in the pool all the time, but her brother cant. I dont see whyy if I found a quiet corner somewhere my little one splashing in a few inches of water in a tub that takes up less than 3 feet should be an issue. Especially since it's not like hes going for free, even though there are essentially NO amenities for them (pool, camp, etc..)

Because once these pools are in public areas, they become a liability and will be left unattended "for a few minutes" and children drown in them.

lol that is exactly what i was saying

I think it's funny that people think only a non potty trained baby will pee in the pool, there is a lot of aged pee in there!

It maybe true, ewww, I don't want to think about that, but it doesn't make it right.

It maybe true, ewww, I don't want to think about that, but it doesn't make it right.

Pee is not the reason for the rule. As unpleasant as it is to think about, pee in the pool is not a health hazard. Pee is sterile, it is poop that is hazardous.

Pee is not the reason for the rule. As unpleasant as it is to think about, pee in the pool is not a health hazard. Pee is sterile, it is poop that is hazardous.

Really, I wasn't posting based on the rule, I think we can all agree that's just gross either way.