cruise port parking boston Ma

nhsandi

Taking a cruise out of Boston Ma in May 2017 on HAL Just found out that prices have gone up to $24 for 24 hours for cruise passengers to park at port... OUCH! That would come to $168 for the week. Anybody have any alternatives for parking a car that would be less expensive? Don't need a hotel, so park and stay won't work. thanks for any help

Parking in Boston is very coslty. Some here will likely recommend places that are out of the City of Boston b ut convenient to little. If someone says they want to park in Boston, I don't send them to Quincy

There is a parking garage at Black Falconcruise terminal, opersted by Massport. It is convdeneient but as you say, not inedxpensive Part of the cost of travel when one wants to use private vrhicles..

Taking a cruise out of Boston Ma in May 2017 on HAL Just found out that prices have gone up to $24 for 24 hours for cruise passengers to park at port... OUCH! That would come to $168 for the week. Anybody have any alternatives for parking a car that would be less expensive? Don't need a hotel, so park and stay won't work. thanks for any help

We park and take a bus from (New Hampshire) into South Station and then a cab for short ride to Black Falcon. Or, depending on where you live, take an amtrak or the "T" into Boston.

I'd say if you're driving and don't have to pay for flights whatsoever, that's a heck of a deal! Plus when your cruise is done you can get in to your car pretty quick instead of taking a shuttle to some other off site parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We park and take a bus from (New Hampshire) into South Station and then a cab for short ride to Black Falcon. Or, depending on where you live, take an amtrak or the "T" into Boston.

Wow..........THAT is a lot of schlepping g to park acar I would not recommend that adventure. MY late DH and I visited sh;ips in Blac k Falcon a great many times. We were often invited to see friends, have lunch, attend an event etc and we always parked in the garage at the terminal. It is so convenient and that is the only place I ever suiggest when someone asks. My comfort, ease and convednience has real value and I recognize sometimes we have to pay for that comfort. Each to their own, of course,......... but parking and riding a bus and train from NH makes my head spin. :D All travel has costs. Some can reasonably be lessened an some can exhaust the imagination let alone the body. Why would someone coming to Boston to boarad a cruis ship dream of going to NH to park their car? If you are going to put them on amterak, wouldn't it make more sense to tell them to take a bus or train to Boston to begin with? ;)

Is there cheaper parking near the airport that you could get from/to by taxi?

OP said they don't need a hotel. As at most airports, parkin gis very costly. Airport in Boston is 10 minutes through the TedWilliams tunnle to South station\Black Falcon whih is mere blocksa. . A really, lo w cost taxi. There are a few off ariport property parking lots. I have no idea cost.

Edited by sail7seas