RCI Drink Packages

Hi I 'think' I know what the answer may be here, although I tried to find it on the RCI website and came up with nada.

The drink packages you can purchase. Do they have to be purchased by all sailing in the cabin? And a second point on that, does the same package have to be purchased by all parties (as opposed to [both adults] one purchasing a package containing alcohol, and another just a soda/coffee pack as they are much less of a drinker)? Cheers for your help

As stated, All in the cabin can have a different package or no package at all. I one in the cabin tends to have more drinks, that guest may opt to get the Deluxe package and if the other guest only drinks very little, perhaps the 2 bottles of wine per cabin that is allowed might be enough. Also the Deluxe package holder can purchase wine by the bottle at a 40% discount for wines that are under $100. If the package holder sticks to getting wine by the glass at dinner, the bottles that are brought on board will go a long way.

dp

As stated, All in the cabin can have a different package or no package at all. I one in the cabin tends to have more drinks, that guest may opt to get the Deluxe package and if the other guest only drinks very little, perhaps the 2 bottles of wine per cabin that is allowed might be enough. Also the Deluxe package holder can purchase wine by the bottle at a 40% discount for wines that are under $100. If the package holder sticks to getting wine by the glass at dinner, the bottles that are brought on board will go a long way.

dp

Do they have a good range of prices on the bottles you can buy on the Deluxe? And do you keep the bottle or does the dining room hold it for you?

I'm so back and forth whether or not to get the Deluxe for myself and husband. Or just one of us. Or neither!

I know it's very subjective and depends on how much we drink. But I'm very torn.

You can actually purchase anytime onboard as long as there are at least four days remaining to your cruise. You should know by then if a package is beneficial to you.

and then do you just pay x amount times the number of days left? is the price more than buying it pre cruise? thanks

and then do you just pay x amount times the number of days left? is the price more than buying it pre cruise? thanks

Good question. It's definitely cheaper now in our case. It's $48/day now. Someone who just got off Anthem today posted that it was $60ish/day on board.

Welp my question has been rendered moot. I think I need a new best friend instead. He has absolutely no interest in going on a cruise - he thinks it's boring etc etc etc. Where as I am desperate to go.

We are meant to be going on holiday this September. It was originally Orlando, but due to financials (not mine) it isn't. He now wants to go to London, now whilst I like London, I really want to go to more places (been there A LOT) and do more things, explore etc etc. And a cruise, perhaps to Greece. So now I am like 'urgh' cos he is just so unadventurous and doesn't wanna go pretty much anywhere interesting.

/rant

Do they have a good range of prices on the bottles you can buy on the Deluxe? And do you keep the bottle or does the dining room hold it for you?

I'm so back and forth whether or not to get the Deluxe for myself and husband. Or just one of us. Or neither!

I know it's very subjective and depends on how much we drink. But I'm very torn.

In the mdr wine menu, red bottles range from $32 to $289 and everywhere in between. With many in the $40 to $50 and with a 40% discount, it brings these in a resonable price range for what they are. The dining room can hold for you,but I do believe you can have it to take to your room if you wish. Since my MIL did not have a package but myself and my DW did, we both brought 2 bottles each since we were officially assigned in 2 different rooms because of our kids. My MIL was solo and also brought 2 bottles, so we gave her our 4 bottles. She could easily arrive at the table with a glass of wine, or with a bottle and go back with it if it was not finished.

dp

Thanks, dpostman!

You wouldn't happen to have a mixed drink/martini list, would you?

First timers!

RCI LOS 05/14/17

Sorry I don't. I seem to put so much effort, and rely so much on information that others put up on CC about the bars and drinks, that you'd think I would be all over this once we get on board. But we were a good group of friends and spent lots of time in the bars or drinking around the pool/solarium areas and having a great time, that I just forgot to take pictures of a lot of the stuff I wanted get to bring back on CC.

Those pics BTW were from Anthem on the March 5th - 12th sailing just a few weeks ago... well almost a month now :(

Also, Don't put too much faith into the wine cards I posted. I took those pictures during our first nights dinner. And did not bother taking anymore after, but When I look at them now, I could swear that later during the cruise, maybe even day 2 or 3, they must have changed, because there was a red wine that we got a few times, I can't remember what it was, but it was $17 per glass and it is not the R&R Classic that is listed. It was in the Adventurous Reds section, but it is not even listed from the wine menu on the first night. I do remember on night one my wife and I both had the Arbodela Carménère (492) @ $14 per glass and we liked it.

I do remember that our drinks server, although he was very nice, he had such a strong accent, and I suspect a very limited knowledge of wine, that when I told him we wanted 2 glasses of the "Carménère", he would repeat back to me: "Yes Yes, Cabernet sir", I would say again, "Carménère" and he would repeat back : "Yes Yes sir, Cabernet" and so on. At least, that is what I understood he was saying. So I took the habit of ordering wine by the number for the rest of the cruise. This sort of became a running gag withing our group after that.

dp

You're welcome.

;p I'm on my way... to 100 000

According to my stats average post rate, I should get there by year 2348 :rolleyes:

dp

I'm only at 58 posts to date lol

Seriously though...I can't tell everyone on here how much I appreciate all the great info. I'm a huge Planner and this is so helpful!