Solo live- Anthem April 2-9

Great review. Thanks for sharing. Too bad your flight got delayed but doesn't seem to have dampened your trip. Ah...so sweet of you with the Flat Stanley assignment. Agree..you are a great aunt. :-)

Yesterday ended up being quite the rainy day. I laid on my balcony watching the dolphins and reading my book most of the day.

Lunch in windjammer was again "ok". I do agree with others who claim that the food quality has declined over the years. Dinner in the Solarium was pretty good. Nice salmon and The salad bar was terrific. The only thing I don't like about eating in the solarium is a slight smell of chlorine.

If I had teens, this would be my ship of choice. The seaplex is a fantastic concept especially for ships sailing and cooler weather. What's not to love about all the choices for things to do on the anthem. Here are some pics from yesterday:

ad16f96c71e0c940c57d7e0fa437a128.jpg

They had trapeze, bumper cars, rollerskating, and volleyball on yesterday's schedule/

b437df9f01f80343c2104b2d63d0c784.jpg

I could sit and watch I-fly and flow rider for hours- so much fun ever as a spectator:

065c1fc2bfec893ddc62fdd99350437f.jpg

4f3763dfb7e6b2f13cd69fc34c6c7450.jpg

I did standby to see the gift for a second time and enjoyed it even more than the first time. You do have to pay attention, but the story is very touching. Plus, there's a Lenny Kravitz tune:).

I also saw spectras and Think that the 270 venue is probably the best show venue at sea. The technology is amazing and the cast is talented. Positively worth seeing imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decided to attend the "name that tune" contest. It was totally different then most cruise game shows. Name that tune included the cast from gift doing choreographed singing and dancing within the show. It's the marriage show on steroids. I thought is was excellently put together.

Had to try the bionic bar-

c791189e3f6bd23b25ba682355825157.jpg

Today is coco cay- I'm waiting for all the tenders to be called before I head over because I was not getting up at 7:30 for tickets. A few hours in the ocean is enough for me. Looks like all call will be in a few minutes.

Tonight is North Star, bon jovi concert in 270 and the silent party. I've been wanting to do a silent party for a few years now so this should be an excellent evening.

Please share with me how the BOGO works for solo cruisers. I've just assumed that I was out of luck for those since I do travel solo and don't want 2 drinks, 2 milkshakes, etc. Sounds like you were able to schedule your BOGO for specialty dinners on different nights.

Please share with me how the BOGO works for solo cruisers. I've just assumed that I was out of luck for those since I do travel solo and don't want 2 drinks, 2 milkshakes, etc. Sounds like you were able to schedule your BOGO for specialty dinners on different nights.

I believe so was referring to the buy one get one specialty dining, meaning you get two specialty restaurants for the price of one. Since it's a per person price, traveling solo doesn't affect that. As for stuff like coupons for BOGO drinks like milkshakes, that I'm not sure how it would work for solo travelers; I'd expect something like a voucher to come back and get another one free, later in the cruise but, maybe someone has experience with that specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

decided to attend the "name that tune" contest. It was totally different then most cruise game shows. Name that tune included the cast from gift doing choreographed singing and dancing within the show. It's the marriage show on steroids. I thought is was excellently put together.

Had to try the bionic bar-

c791189e3f6bd23b25ba682355825157.jpg

Today is coco cay- I'm waiting for all the tenders to be called before I head over because I was not getting up at 7:30 for tickets. A few hours in the ocean is enough for me. Looks like all call will be in a few minutes.

Tonight is North Star, bon jovi concert in 270 and the silent party. I've been wanting to do a silent party for a few years now so this should be an excellent evening.

Enjoying your review. We will be sailing for the first time in August. The Name that Tune contest sounds fun. What decade was the music from?

Quick update while I wait for the tribute band to start- we are docked in Nassau. Propulsion problems. They are letting people off the ship if you want. This seems a better solution than the reversed itinerary last week.

ae47f6ecf5fc46c0d4c39e3fa1a2ec84.jpg

I have had an amazing day! They did the all call around 11:30. I was on the island by noon which is plenty of sun time for me. I walked the nature trail to south beach and then kept walking. Found this private cove to hang out in for a few hours. Bliss...

6cb59f9aef4b8cc247d99a59d88b9c58.jpg

I had 4:30 North Star reservations:

de83f6a4df0373d283a1bb56b0e6c336.jpg

Did some solarium time:

77295aee87576b2e63450849c4a44788.jpg

Then took a nap on the balcony to wake to this sunset:

ef54dd87c2544c7bfabc47e375519b09.jpg

Just watched the absolute best headliner I've ever seen. Greg London (I'll double check the name). He wAs Las Vegas entertainer of the year and I could tell why. Entire theater out of their seats- fun stuff.

I think the cruise director isn't feeling well :(. A bit of a scratchy throat and he named off the wrong entertainment for this evening. He told everyone to head directly to 270 after the headliner because it's 70s night. I thought I read the compass wrong because I had a virtual concert on my calendar. Needless to say, it's the virtual concert :)

Debinnj- they do auditions about 15 minutes before the show and the music was mostly 80s with other tunes thrown in. Give it a try!!

0e620446283868773bc35fb0053f95a5.jpg

Regarding the bogo dining- this works perfect for a solo like trackhead said. For $30 you get speciality dining the first two nights of the cruise. The trick is you don't get to choose which two restaurant. By all accounts on this forum, everyone has been able to switch their assigned dining except me lol. I got assigned Jamie's and chops (which were the two I wanted); but I tried to reverse the days and was told chops was entirely booked for day 2 so I kept what they gave me and it ended up working out just fine. Tomorrow I have chops again courtesy of my travel agent.

Thanks for your review! I'm following and enjoying! We sail on Anthem in 45 days. I'm celebrating my 50th B'day with 20 and 22 year olds. I think we will love the entertainment especially!

I honestly can't think of a better ship for active 20 and 22 year olds. Anthem truly has something for everyone. I spent my 50th on Breakaway and had a great time. I wore a 50th crown all day (surprise from dh) and they literally threw drinks my way. Birthday cruising is so much fun. Are you going to be in port or at sea on the actual day?

Regarding the bogo dining- this works perfect for a solo like trackhead said. For $30 you get speciality dining the first two nights of the cruise. The trick is you don't get to choose which two restaurant. By all accounts on this forum, everyone has been able to switch their assigned dining except me lol. I got assigned Jamie's and chops (which were the two I wanted); but I tried to reverse the days and was told chops was entirely booked for day 2 so I kept what they gave me and it ended up working out just fine. Tomorrow I have chops again courtesy of my travel agent.

Thank you. I guess I was assuming that the BOGO was for a couple and with 1 buying the other was free.

Thanks for the great review! Any chance you can check if Synergy band with Katrina plans to return to the Anthem? They were the best band we've seen perform on a ship.

Also, if you pass by the Solarium bar, would you be able to check if Stephanie works there. There is one in particular who went above and beyond and I'd love to give her a shoutout to Royal Caribbean. I Think her name was Stephanie but I can't find where I wrote her name down and want to confirm.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Thanks for the great review! Any chance you can check if Synergy band with Katrina plans to return to the Anthem? They were the best band we've seen perform on a ship.

I am FB friend with Katrina--Daysof the Villa Roma in Caiilicoon NY--and she is on the Ship until May 06. Can not wait to see her on April17th 12 day to Southern Carib.

Thank you. I guess I was assuming that the BOGO was for a couple and with 1 buying the other was free.

Logical assumption as this is one way that solos can use bogo easily. For the bogo drink I usually choose glass of wine with dinner. They will hold the second until you finish the first. Anthem is a great solo ship. There aren't many solo gatherings like ncl studios, but the balcony rooms make up for that times 100. There is so much to do onboard - you are going to have an amazing vacation :)

Also, if you pass by the Solarium bar, would you be able to check if Stephanie works there. There is one in particular who went above and beyond and I'd love to give her a shoutout to Royal Caribbean. I Think her name was Stephanie but I can't find where I wrote her name down and want to confirm.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I'm in the solarium right now and only Male bartenders. I've only seen males in this bar so far. I'll keep an eye out for you. Looks like you got the synergy answer. I haven't seen them yet but tonight they are playing in music hall so I will go check them out too :)

No word at all today... I will post if I hear anything.

Fingers crossed it's a simple-ish fix, we sail on 17th.

Looks like you are having an amazing time! Love the live blog style reviews.

Last night was awesome. Between Greg London, slippery when wet (Bon jovi tribute band), and the silent party in music hall I danced all night! Fabulous entertainment so far.

9eb8c15a4d88be3ec91c02e64ffec725.jpg

Today I had my first breakfast (forgot to eat dinner last night). Went to solarium. Small buffet but they have everything you could want. Eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, etc... Gentleman even toasted a bagel for me.

I'm chillin today. Weather is perfect. Ship is pretty empty right now. Hanging in the solarium with this view:

21cbcedfe8db8dbfba18fe0a89710476.jpg

Tonight is chops and we will rock you. Going to catch synergy also and the late night comic. Weather is outstanding!

I am so happy I decided to read your review. I will be sailing Anthem Nov 2018 and will be flying in a day early. I was thinking of staying in Manhattan until I read your review. I would have never considered staying in New Jersey - but now my mind is changed. If staying in Jersey I am thinking it is easier to get from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. And with only a $4 taxi ride to Manhattan - I am sold.

By the way, I stayed in one of the solo "##48" rooms and have another one booked for Nov 2018. The balcony is awesome!

BermudaBound, if possible could you check to see what the wine is for bottles on room service, chardonnay? Thanks already have list for wine bar$$$$$$, lol.

Ok! I'm not in my room right now but I'll take a pic of the room service wine from the tv tonight :)

I am so happy I decided to read your review. I will be sailing Anthem Nov 2018 and will be flying in a day early. I was thinking of staying in Manhattan until I read your review. I would have never considered staying in New Jersey - but now my mind is changed. If staying in Jersey I am thinking it is easier to get from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. And with only a $4 taxi ride to Manhattan - I am sold.

By the way, I stayed in one of the solo "##48" rooms and have another one booked for Nov 2018. The balcony is awesome!

I think you'll love Jersey city. I've got lots of help for you on getting to and from and east123 was fabulous help. It's not particularly eAsy, but totally doable.

You can get from the airport to jersey city hotels for $13 (ni transit) plus $2.75 PATH or its $38 for camel (not the animal, the company lol).

From hotel to port you will talk nj light rail $2.25 to 34th street and then it's a $10 taxi ride from there to ship. I have really detailed directions from Carol in the east coast departure forum.

I'm in a "50", but it's still PLENTY big, I'd have no hesitation with a 48 or 50!on 7.