Solo live- Anthem April 2-9

Captain just announced we will be leaving on-time. He did not address status of any propulsion problems, but we are set for a 6am arrival in port on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully things are all resolved! Have a great return trip :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dinner last night in chops- stuck with the scallops

b882c179469afa533721589462bfd012.jpg

Tried the bacon-

cfab21c162ead8db6ae7cd5176ab85fd.jpg

Filet and mushrooms

d80af70ef6a9f1cbd842af40656a24fa.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the huckleberry cheesecake :(.

My waiter was significantly better the first night so ask for him- Kenniel (or something along those lines).

After dinner I did the bobby brown thing. The gal repping bobby brown was terrific. Ladies, it's a fun "free" thing to do.

Saw We will Rock You. I liked it, but it was long. Nearly 2 hours. The gal on the electric guitar rocks as does the lead singer. If I were to see it again I'd go for the last 30 minutes only.

Saw synergy do their 80s set so I was able to get some dancing in. Good house band worth seeing.

Did adult comedy at 11:45. I thought He was significantly better than the first comedian.

Interesting- seems rcl is bringing on entertainers for partial cruises. The Bon jovi tribute left in Nassau and we picked up the new comedian.

I like that anthem has entertainment starting as late as 11:45 for those nights where I want to stay out late.

Treated to an electric light show on my balcony until 2 am.

Got up for the sunrise-

b2a2fbc85cee2ec4ef33486b2845d997.jpg

Nothing big on the agenda today other than a nap and my book :)

The lead guitarist is amazing! She also did an acoustic rock classics session in the Schooner bar one night that was standing room only. Check out who is in the Schooner bar tonight, on day 6 for our sailing, it was the music director from We Will Rock You on piano, but he had the actors who play Galileo Figaro and Scaramouch (sp???) there as surprises. She sang Hallelujah and she did a beautiful job.

Here is a pic of the wake- all looks fine to me. Someone with more mechanical experience may see a problem, but seems like we are cruising along fine.

8b742bd52f32af6d6d5740f879eba751.jpg

Could just be me, but the left half (right pod) does seem to be putting out a decent bit more thrust than the right, it just looks more solid. And if you look into the distance the right side of the wake almost disappears as the left continues on.

Here is a pic of the wake- all looks fine to me. Someone with more mechanical experience may see a problem, but seems like we are cruising along fine.

8b742bd52f32af6d6d5740f879eba751.jpg

If you measure the length and width of the left vs the right wake, you'll find that the left is putting out about 25% more output than the right one is. They definitely need to have this looked at as it is a serious problem.....j/k. This is going to to become something like the posts about the ship being cursed, lmao. There's nothing to see, it's just the wake and I'm sure it's fine. They quickly fixed the thing and sailed away and then used the next trip to probably better inspect it and make sure that everything was fixed properly. Captain probably didn't mention it again because all is well and was done just fine when they fixed it during the last cruise.

If you measure the length and width of the left vs the right wake, you'll find that the left is putting out about 25% more output than the right one is. They definitely need to have this looked at as it is a serious problem.....j/k. This is going to to become something like the posts about the ship being cursed, lmao. There's nothing to see, it's just the wake and I'm sure it's fine. They quickly fixed the thing and sailed away and then used the next trip to probably better inspect it and make sure that everything was fixed properly. Captain probably didn't mention it again because all is well and was done just fine when they fixed it during the last cruise.

i hope they are given passengers 25% of their money back:p. ill never sail again on a ship with less than perfect output. unless they let me bring my own water on board and eliminate chair hogs

What a glorious day to be at sea! I spent the entire day sunning on my balcony with my book and more than one nap. To me, this is Perfect cruising conditions. However; Dru made an announcement that the shows scheduled for today have been postponed due to the motion of the ship. I was shocked. To me this is no where near "bad." Of course, I did grow up with sailing the Great Lakes and developed my sea legs by age of 5. Then there's the fact that I started cruising in 87 with 20,000 GT vessels that needed ledges on the tables so the food didn't fall on the floor. Perspective is everything.

Here's a pic of the seas- I would guess 2 meters tops.

082a213d09af50b25c8752972d43d014.jpg

The agenda tonight is disappointing. I got excited that there might be a acoustic showing but no such luck. Synergy will be the most happening band tonight. There is quest at 11:45 but I am quested out. No comedy either. I'm thinking an evening on the balcony with my book might be just perfect.

Btw- it's formal night and the dress is dichotomous. Man in a tux just walked by followed by a clan in shorts. Looks like anything goes.

If you don't mind me asking...and if you are Diamond +.

Can you share a picture of the C&A amenities sheet?

I'm looking to see if they indeed discount the deluxe beverage package 30% for members.

Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not diamond + :(.

Thanks for the great review! Any chance you can check if Synergy band with Katrina plans to return to the Anthem? They were the best band we've seen perform on a ship.

Also, if you pass by the Solarium bar, would you be able to check if Stephanie works there. There is one in particular who went above and beyond and I'd love to give her a shoutout to Royal Caribbean. I Think her name was Stephanie but I can't find where I wrote her name down and want to confirm.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Stephanie wAs indeed at solarium bar today. Tall. Hair in double braids. :)

BermudaBound, if possible could you check to see what the wine is for bottles on room service, chardonnay? Thanks already have list for wine bar$$$$$$, lol.

There are no bottles listed on either the hard copy or TV room service menu. Only by the glass :(.

a2daa2e62ca32e673ec24f1a7be312f7.jpg

Treated to this sunset today. Red at night - sailors delight. Hopefully that means the shows cancelled today will be a go for tomorrow. My advice, book all shows, i-fly, North Star, Ect... As early as possible. Seems they take safety first priority as They cancelled spectra today and both the early and late "We will rock you" shows and it wasn't even that rough out imo. Better to book early and have a chance to reschedule.

Spectacular- this photo is entirely unedited and taken with my phone. Can't even image what a real camera

Could capture:

1afa08ce64f0b2756842160574f99d97.jpg

We will be sailing 4/9! Can't wait! We did not take our pics to be uploaded prior to sailing. Does this slow things down s far as check in ? I understand that we do not get sea pass cards until we enter our rooms. How do we get into rooms without sea pass cards?

We will be sailing 4/9! Can't wait! We did not take our pics to be uploaded prior to sailing. Does this slow things down s far as check in ? I understand that we do not get sea pass cards until we enter our rooms. How do we get into rooms without sea pass cards?

One seapass card will be outside your stateroom. The other will be inside. Use your set sail pass to purchase things/use drink package before you have access to your stateroom.

Pictures are quick. No need to worry about it.

Thanks for the great review! Any chance you can check if Synergy band with Katrina plans to return to the Anthem? They were the best band we've seen perform on a ship.

Also, if you pass by the Solarium bar, would you be able to check if Stephanie works there. There is one in particular who went above and beyond and I'd love to give her a shoutout to Royal Caribbean. I Think her name was Stephanie but I can't find where I wrote her name down and want to confirm.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I was talking with Katrina last week and she thinks she will be back on the ship next November.

Thanks for doing this review. We are on the Anthem May the 11th. So excited!! Was wondering if there were electrical outlets by the bed. My husband has a CPAP machine and didn't know whether to bring extension cord or not. our cabin on Adventure of the Seas had the outlets by the bed which was really nice.