Carnival Internet-can we watch Youtube?

I was able to watch Youtube on the Riviera deck(1206) on the Triumph in February using the value plan. It was the afternoon and evening of the last day(sea day) when I decided to try to watch Youtube. I probably benefited from few people using that particular access point. It took a few seconds for the videos to load, but once they did they played straight through without buffering. The videos were no more than 13 minutes long.

My most recent experience was on the Freedom :

The highest internet package - we streamed music, netflix (app I believe), youtube videos and video calls on messenger. Did this from on Serenity and in our inside cabin. Had an occasional glitch when streaming music, but wasn't even often enough to be annoying.

Previous experiences were with the social media package. Had decent video call quality on messenger at times and good voice cally quality. Everything else worked as it should.

You might be able to. But seriously cruising is to get away. I know im.old but put the phone away and enjoy your trip. Watch that stuff when you get home. The most funny thing is watching these kids and young people glued to their phones. It's pathetic. No wonder they have no skills.

Hi ! I was wondering if anybody could answer this-if I get the premium internet, will that support watching youtube? I know it says Netflix and Hulu are blocked but I wondered about Youtube. Thanks!

Keep in mind that the ship has a limited amount of bandwidth and the more people using it controls what everyone encounters. You may find times when it's great and then there will be times when you get limited connectivity. In a recent facebook post from John Heald, he tried to live stream while on the Magic and was not able to do so with all the people using social media.

I purchased the "Premium" package ($20/day as I recall) on the Liberty last month. It was a very spotty signal, and when I was able to connect, it could not even muster enough speed to allow the speedtest app on my phone (S7) to work.

In our mid-ship GS cabin I'd average 1-2 bars. 3 if I stood at my door... literally. If this is supposed to be ship-wide service, it's a big fail. When we were on our balcony the signal was 1 bar. The signal from the Disney ship next to us in Nassau was noticably stronger...

Tom

You might be able to. But seriously cruising is to get away. I know im.old but put the phone away and enjoy your trip. Watch that stuff when you get home. The most funny thing is watching these kids and young people glued to their phones. It's pathetic. No wonder they have no skills.

Or you could let people cruise how they want to. Just because you want to be completely disconnected, doesn't mean we all do. It's nice to be able to contact my boyfriend and my dad while we're gone because they worry about me and like to know that all is well.

And what's really pathetic is that you said most funny when it's funniest.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Please repeat this, louder for the people in the back...

My SIL got it for our last cruise on the Magic as he needed to do some homework towards getting his Masters. He found that the only time it seemed to work was between 3-4am when everyone was in bed and not using internet. And that was for regular internet. I can imaging YouTube would have been out of the question

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's pathetic is someone like you clicking on a thread like this one just to tell someone they shouldn't use their phone on vacation.

• Like 1

You should be able to on Horizon and Vista which have the newest internet system. Any other ship you probably won't be able to stream video.

To update and also correct my previous post in this thread, the Youtube app has worked fairly well on the value plan on the Triumph(both cruises), Legend, and Dream. I think the Youtube app worked better than general web browsing this year. I previously didn't specify the Youtube app. The website doesn't work on the value plan. Neither do Youtube videos on Facebook.

To update and also correct my previous post in this thread, the Youtube app has worked fairly well on the value plan on the Triumph(both cruises), Legend, and Dream. I think the Youtube app worked better than general web browsing this year. I previously didn't specify the Youtube app. The website doesn't work on the value plan. Neither do Youtube videos on Facebook.

I personally haven’t been able to stream video with the premium plan on Elation, Triumph, Freedom, or Dream.

I just purchased the premium on the Sunshine last week. I could barely get Snap chat pictures or facebook pages to load let along dream of streaming anything. It was the first time I had this much trouble. I think the bandwidth is being used up by all of the kids on the Social package. Of course, my son had it.