lectures/classes beyond just journeys sailings...I know I'd be interested

stevefrisco

My first cruise was RCL and second was CCL, on both of them I remember there were several lectures per day about various topics from history to dancing. I remember really enjoying these things and I think that there are a lot of people who would also take advantage of these as well. I can't remember any of these offering in the past 10 years of cruising.

I don't think that it would affect the lines' bottom lines too much by adding these offering but I could be wrong. I also think it would be nice to have free yoga. I'm not sure many people pay for the yoga classes so there may be an issue of not wanting to lose revenue.

What does everyone else think? Am I remembering incorrectly just how many offerings there were? I saw they were doing them in Jamman's review for Journeys cruises and it made me long for the good old days.:cool:

I don't think any of the lines have it as much as they used to, and not in the Caribbean. I thought Princess would have them but a few years ago on a 7 day Caribbean cruise, two sea days and no speaker. And all those sea days on the Carnival Dream transAtlantic, and no speakers. EM

We did a celebrity cruise in the med a few years ago and there were definitely speakers on a variety of topics like your talking about. And in Jan we did a NCL cruise in the Caribbean and there were a couple presentations from the officers about how the ship worked. There was also a history buff that did some presentations about the history of the Caribbean.