Free WIFI Security in Ports

I've read/hear that using free public WIFI isn't a good idea because hackers can steal your data, passwords, etc. while you're connected to open public networks. Has anyone here ever ran into a problem with this in any Royal Caribbean ports?

If you're not aware of the problem Google - "how it is possible to get hacked in public spaces" and you can educate yourself about it.

I've read/hear that using free public WIFI isn't a good idea because hackers can steal your data, passwords, etc. while you're connected to open public networks. Has anyone here ever ran into a problem with this in any Royal Caribbean ports?

If you're not aware of the problem Google - "how it is possible to get hacked in public spaces" and you can educate yourself about it.

That is a possible problem at any public WiFi hotspot, not just at ports. Starbucks, McDonalds, Panera, you name it. I use a VPN when using any public WiFi hotspot.

Sorry, but RCCL does not have ports except the private islands. Generally speaking, ports don't have wifi either. However, local business may have wifi next to the ports. Those are the same as any business with wifi. Use it at your own risk. But don't worry, you don't need to use WiFi to get hacked. You can just use data on the phone network, and get hacked also. Anytime you transmit data from you phone, it can be picked up by a hacker. Also, how would one know if they were "hacked" in a port, and not in the USA? By the time you find out, it could be weeks later. By than, you have been using your phone all over the place!.