Any news re "Loyalty" programme changes?

Eglesbrech

While filling out my updated contact preferences there was this bit at the bottom, wonder what that's about then:

"Updated Loyalty preferences will take effect from cruises commencing after 1 December 2018."

I noticed that too and wondered the same thing.

I also noticed that the email, which arrived today, had finished up in my gmail spam folder, which is unusual for P&O emails. It includes "We'd like to keep you in the picture ahead of some upcoming changes in data regulations. Because of these changes, we're updating our privacy policy. Which means, if you would like to keep hearing from us you'll need to say so by visiting our Preference Centre..." So it's important that people should make sure that it's not also in their spam folder, or they might never hear from P&O again!

I also noticed that the email, which arrived today, had finished up in my gmail spam folder, which is unusual for P&O emails. It includes "We'd like to keep you in the picture ahead of some upcoming changes in data regulations. Because of these changes, we're updating our privacy policy. Which means, if you would like to keep hearing from us you'll need to say so by visiting our Preference Centre..." So it's important that people should make sure that it's not also in their spam folder, or they might never hear from P&O again!

I got the same email today.

While filling out my updated contact preferences there was this bit at the bottom, wonder what that's about then:

"Updated Loyalty preferences will take effect from cruises commencing after 1 December 2018."

I received an e-mail today asking me to update my preferences which I have never been asked to do before. One of the fields that I had to tick was

Please tick the box to remain/become a member of the P&O Cruises loyalty club

Along with the statement that the changes to loyalty preferences this lead me to think that they are planning to update loyalty at the end of the year.

They need to get and retain express consent under the GDPR regulations that come in on 26 May, to keep or process any personal data (unless they try to use on one of the justifications which is not likely for a holiday company for a loyalty scheme).