Any news re "Loyalty" programme changes?

Eglesbrech

Nothing in life is "free" it is included in the price of the cruise fare.

Whilst this is true to some extent, it is also included in other people's cruise fares who do not get the benefit. If you get the benefit it could be argued that "you paid" your share ten cruises ago whilst not getting the benefit then.

Regards John

Just resurrecting this thread - has anyone heard anything about the promised revamp of the Portunus loyalty scheme. 5 more months have gone by since this question was last raised and no news ?

Portunus Club was revamped some years ago and has been call Peninsular Club since.

Portunus Club was revamped some years ago and has been call Peninsular Club since.

I still have my Sapphire loyalty card for Portunus club.

I thought there was going to be news on Peninsular club changes too but have heard nothing either.

No - I think it is almost two years since P&O first said they were making changes, but the launch never seems to happen. I think I will be a fossil before they do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just resurrecting this thread - has anyone heard anything about the promised revamp of the Portunus loyalty scheme. 5 more months have gone by since this question was last raised and no news ?

Oops !!

Hello,

I think that a separate P&O scheme outside the Carnival scheme would be too difficult for the loyalty department to manage and with P&O (by ship numbers) making less than 7% of the global Carnival fleet we (P&O) pax would have to 'follow the fleet'.

And don't get me started on RCI Diamond Plus 340+ points benefits for single passengers!:mad:

Regards,

Cublet

I wouldn't be chasing this. If future changes follow P&O's recent form, they are far more likely to be negative than positive. We get to the exulted heights of Caribbean tier next year and if the goalposts suddenly move we will not be happy!

I wouldn't be chasing this. If future changes follow P&O's recent form, they are far more likely to be negative than positive. We get to the exulted heights of Caribbean tier next year and if the goalposts suddenly move we will not be happy!

They have got worse every time, unless you are already at the top that is. The goalposts always change for someone and I have never known it to be positive, in my case anyway.

Given that they seem to be trying to go after new, younger cruisers it might be geared towards them? My very first cruise with P&O many moons ago we got a bottle of champagne in our cabin as "new cruisers" welcome and they also held a lovely party specifically for all the first time cruisers.

Years later having got to the club level to be invited to the other "party" they changed to the current system and we were "uninvited" for several years until we moved up a level.

We get to the 'dizzy' heights of Caribbean when we embark the Oriana Christmas cruise on 21st December. Will not be best pleased if things change for the worse in the meantime.

As an aside, we have a cruise booked for May 2019 which shows us as 'Baltic' although according to my calculations we should be Ligurian as I reckon we would have 213 days during the prior 3 years.

Not going to chase it up at the moment as it's way in the future, but does anyone know why

We get to the 'dizzy' heights of Caribbean when we embark the Oriana Christmas cruise on 21st December. Will not be best pleased if things change for the worse in the meantime.

As an aside, we have a cruise booked for May 2019 which shows us as 'Baltic' although according to my calculations we should be Ligurian as I reckon we would have 213 days during the prior 3 years.

Not going to chase it up at the moment as it's way in the future, but does anyone know why

Presumably you realise that you won't get the points for cruises that you have booked for between now and the one on May 2019 until you have actually been on those cruises?

Thanks JH.

Only problem is they have moved us from Caribbean to Baltic thus counting 'some' of our upcoming cruises but, apparently, not all of them. I did read somewhere that the tier quoted reflects the 'expected' tier of the customer at the time of the cruise.

Our 21st December cruise correctly shows Caribbean although at the time of writing this we only have 145 days as we have a few booked ahead this year prior to the 21st December.

I thought you actually had to do the cruises ,as the points are added at the end. Maybe I didn't notice what are cruises said when we booked them.

I am sure you are correct. The previous poster is either mistaken or P&O have made an error.

I’m sure that’s right too but I’ll just clarify that our upcoming cruise (where we will cross the line to the next tier) has us as Mediterranean on the Personaliser but if I look at our October cruise I have the turquoise colour flash and Caribbean legend.

I’m sure that’s right too but I’ll just clarify that our upcoming cruise (where we will cross the line to the next tier) has us as Mediterranean on the Personaliser but if I look at our October cruise I have the turquoise colour flash and Caribbean legend.

Yes, they show the correct tier that you will be in for the start of each cruise. Same for us.

That's the problem - all our future booked cruises have the correct tier on the personaliser with the exception of the May 2019 cruise showing Baltic rather than Ligurian. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of payment to earlier cruises. Some of ours are paid in full whilst others still have a balance.

Who knows? Thanks for all the comments - it may well become irrelevant if P&O make sweeping changes to our Peninsular benefits!

While filling out my updated contact preferences there was this bit at the bottom, wonder what that's about then:

"Updated Loyalty preferences will take effect from cruises commencing after 1 December 2018."

Edited by CCFC
Formatting

While filling out my updated contact preferences there was this bit at the bottom, wonder what that's about then:

"Updated Loyalty preferences will take effect from cruises commencing after 1 December 2018."

Probably means they’ve had to set themselves a goal post that doesn’t move [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums