Anthem of the Seas - April 2nd to 9th - Info

Hi Everyone,

First time post on here although over our years of cruising I've always said to my wife I would.

I don't think this is intended to be a live post. I'm not expecting to add much or anything about our personal cruise experience but more of an informational post. Please feel free to add any question you want I'll do my best to answer them for you.

We are on Day 3 - Here are a couple of notable things so far, I'll update with anything else we come up with.

We drove from MA down to the boat day of, being Sunday we expected little traffic. GPS said 4 hours but with traffic through Bronx and cruise traffic it took about 5, arrived about 1130. Slowest part was getting to drop our bags off at the terminal, lots of staff to direct you but lots of cars at once. Parking was the next building after the terminal very easy in and directed right into a spot by a worker. I'm expecting $20 a day for $140 but I'll confirm this when we leave.

Getting on board was very easy and kind of the standard process. They provide a paper ticket to get on board and use for the first hour or so till your stateroom is ready.... your actual key was on the stateroom door when you get to it. Both my wife and I thought that was odd but it worked out fine. Staterooms were available/ready right at one.

We purchased Ultimate Beverage (me), Replenishment (wife), and one device Voom.

All three we've found to be well worth it....

Ultimate Beverage ($48 + gratuity) - I've order everything from a fountain soda, beer, crown royal, and couple glasses of wine. Your receipt from the drinks does not show the gratuity that you paid.

* I'll confirm this today but I believe onboard price is $61 not $55 as we thought.

Replenishment ($26 + gratuity) - Wife has ordered virgin mudslides, daqueries, coffees, and teas.

* Packages do include the coffee shop in the windjammer.

* Packages do include all drinks at Starbucks in the royal promenade but do NOT include food or ice cream there.

Voom ($11.99 one device) - This has been great and fast. We've been sharing across three devices. Access code is 7 digits and easy enough to remember. When someone logs on it kicks the other person off. Andriod Message+ has been working for text messages and was able to text some apple phone users.

Voom has also been fast enough for Facebook Messenger video chat. I also test Vudu and was able to stream some movies although I didn't watch them.

*Deck 8 cabin has had a couple bar wifi signal. On top decks/pool decks have had full wifi signals.

Price is listed were from pre-book which we did 5 days prior to departure.

Superior Balcony (Deck 8) - Room is good size and designed well. TV is bigger then the last couple of cruise ships (probably 32"). Balcony is a good size with two chairs, two foot stoles and small table.

That's it for now, again please feel free to ask any questions.

More to come.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone,

First time post on here although over our years of cruising I've always said to my wife I would.

I don't think this is intended to be a live post. I'm not expecting to add much or anything about our personal cruise experience but more of an informational post. Please feel free to add any question you want I'll do my best to answer them for you.

We are on Day 3 - Here are a couple of notable things so far, I'll update with anything else we come up with.

We drove from MA down to the boat day of, being Sunday we expected little traffic. GPS said 4 hours but with traffic through Bronx and cruise traffic it took about 5, arrived about 1130. Slowest part was getting to drop our bags off at the terminal, lots of staff to direct you but lots of cars at once. Parking was the next building after the terminal very easy in and directed right into a spot by a worker. I'm expecting $20 a day for $140 but I'll confirm this when we leave.

I'll be driving to the port as well in November also coming from Massachusetts what time did you leave? And do you mind me asking from what part of MA? Just trying to get an idea about time I'm north close to Nashua.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Please feel free to add any question you want I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Parking was the next building after the terminal very easy in and directed right into a spot by a worker. I'm expecting $20 a day for $140 but I'll confirm this when we leave.

That's it for now, again please feel free to ask any questions.

More to come.

As of last month, parking was still $20 per day.

Enjoy your cruise! :) I'll be following along.

Thanks for all the info . You said the coffee shop in the windjammer isn't included ? Does that mean you can't order say a latte with breakfast in the windjammer ? Or is there a speciality shop that is in the windjammer that doesn't included coffee ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the info . You said the coffee shop in the windjammer isn't included ? Does that mean you can't order say a latte with breakfast in the windjammer ? Or is there a speciality shop that is in the windjammer that doesn't included coffee ?

He said the coffee at the specialty bar in the WJ is included. The coffee in La Patisserie on the Esplanade, the place he calls Starbucks on the Royal Promenade, is included but the pastries and ice cream are for an additional cost. There is also specialty coffee in Cafe Two70.

He said the coffee at the specialty bar in the WJ is included. The coffee in La Patisserie on the Esplanade, the place he calls Starbucks on the Royal Promenade, is included but the pastries and ice cream are for an additional cost. There is also specialty coffee in Cafe Two70.

What is the dress code like in the MDR since its now causal. Are you seeing a lot of shorts ? Especially for the guys ?

I'll be driving to the port as well in November also coming from Massachusetts what time did you leave? And do you mind me asking from what part of MA? Just trying to get an idea about time I'm north close to Nashua.

Thanks

We live Southcoast, left at 730am. It was smooth sailing besides 10 minute traffic in the bronx. We went over the George Washington. The most traffic was at the terminal. Which is probably to be expected.

Hi PS108,

There is a speciality coffee area in the windjammer. It serves Starbucks latte, espresso, etc, well at least it comes in a Starbucks cup.... This IS included in the UP and RR (replenishment) packages.

What is the dress code like in the MDR since its now causal. Are you seeing a lot of shorts ? Especially for the guys ?

Hi SDA,

I'll have to take better notice of this as I didn't know of the change.

I'll add last night (Monday) was our formal night. I called specifically a couple hours before dinner to find out dress code. I was told, long sleeves or short sleeve and jacket. There were plenty of golf shirts worn with no jacket, enough so that it seemed not to be in force at all.....

With that said, I wore a golf shirt and jacket.....

We love Anthem.

Just don't call it a "boat" in front of the captain. He will quickly tell you it is a SHIP! :cool:

I wish there was a better way to direct traffic at Cape Liberty because at peak times it is a slowwww ride in to the port.

Day 4 Morning Coco Cay

I'm not sure this post will help anyone but I hope someone finds some use out of it. I'm going to try and not review my personal opinion, instead I'll make a few points I think may help someone on a future cruise.

Coco Cay Tender - Tender tickets and towels were being handed out in Cafe270, starting around 7am. Tickets were free but used as a way around crowding. If you have an excursion planned most likely your tender/ticket is already taken care of. Tendering was to start at 9 am and was on time.

Shows:

Spectars Cabaret - Cafe 270 - Day 2 - Decently crowded probably worth a reservation. Bar inside the room along with a portable bar station setup at the entrance. Bars were not crowded.

Gift - Theater - Day 3 - Theater was half full and no need for a reservation although we did have one. Theater did not have a bar or place to get anything although there were wait staff.

*As I mentioned before, I don't want to put my personal opinion grade on these shows. As we all have different likes and dislikes , what I'll say is Spectars Cabaret would be my choice if I had to choose.

North Star - Day 4 - 9am reservation - Reservation were needed but times did not matter. It was check-in with clipboard employee and wait in line type of process. Make sure to actually stand in the line we sat down and watched a couple groups go before we realized our reservation time didn't matter. We went up with reservations of 9, 930, 10 and standby. The ride is 14 people at a time and takes 10 minutes. You can do the math while in line, we waited about 30 minutes half of which was probably our fault.

* I would have to guess this would be pretty awesome at different locations/islands. Possible someplace you're docked versus tendering to be up close and looking down on things.

Royal iQ App - Download before you leave port unless of course you have the Internet package. You're able to schedule dinner and shows, it also has a calender of what you've scheduled which is a big help.

* We scheduled three shows and North Star morning of day 2. There were times available for everything, we are very flexible so times didn't matter anyways (we did north star while first Coco Cay tenders were leaving). Obviously if you're on a stricter schedule you may find times limited. But by no means we're shows/activities already all booked/sold out. We will Rock You had the least availability which we'll see Day 6 ( Sea Day).

More to comes.....

Edited by Dormie24

Will those paper tickets they issue at boarding, and you have a drink package, let you get a drink while you wait for your room to be ready

The OP must not have printed off his set sail pass prior to going to the port. Just do your online check in as usual and print off a set sail pass for each person in your party. You will use your set sail pass to board the ship and you can use the set sail pass to buy a drink. They will scan the barcode and see that you have a drink package. If the scanners aren't available yet, as was the case on our two Anthem sailings, they just write down your information and process it later.

Will those paper tickets they issue at boarding, and you have a drink package, let you get a drink while you wait for your room to be ready

Yes Patrick, you can use your package. Ticket has a Barcode they scan.

it's now 9:08 pm and Anthem has just entered the jetty at Nassau. Is Anthem overnighting in Nassau?

Yes they are still having propulsion problems according to a Facebook post I just read. So they are working on it again in Nassau.

Yes they are still having propulsion problems according to a Facebook post I just read. So they are working on it again in Nassau.

thank you! I knew CC posters would have the answer!