Cunard Waitlist

addo

We are sailing on QM2 from Dubai later this month. Our son tried to book Petra and was placed on a waitlist. I received an email today stating he has a place.

Followed the link to the cruise personalised but it has not been allocated. Has anyone else had the same problem.

Will have to endure a long wait when I ring tomorrow.

We are sailing on QM2 from Dubai later this month. Our son tried to book Petra and was placed on a waitlist. I received an email today stating he has a place.

Followed the link to the cruise personalised but it has not been allocated. Has anyone else had the same problem.

Will have to endure a long wait when I ring tomorrow.

If you cannot make progress I can make an alternative recommendation.

When last in Aqaba I used a local company to go for a day in Wadi Rum. (We had done Petra the year before)

The same company run tours to Petra.

Here's the link to my review: scroll down to find the company name...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/05/19/one-way-to-do-aqaba-wadi-rum-edition/

8749672761_03443f2bd8_z.jpg

Good luck.

Thank you for this suggestion.

I contacted Cunard first thing, although it states in the email and in the shore excursions you have 72 hours to confirm a waitlist offer, it is actually on a first come first served basis.

The reason I could not confirm last night was all on the waitlist had been notified they had a place, but there were insufficient places for all.

Having requested to speak to a manager, the young lady came back to say there was a place for our son. I did suggest the email should be more explicit and maybe show a counter of the places left.

He has been to Petra 20 years ago, when he was 6 years old so should get more out of this trip this time.