Terminal T5 at FCO no longer in use

euro cruiser

All of the airlines that used to have their check-in for flights to the US and Israel at T5 have moved their operations back to the main terminals. The move started in February with Delta and all of the others have now completed their relocation and T5 is no longer in use. As of now:

American: check in at T3

Delta: check in at T1

El Al: check in at T3

United: check in at T3

The same high security is in place at the new locations, so three hours prior to flight is still recommended, especially as the new processes settle into place.

(This information has appeared in other threads but I thought it would be helpful to have its own thread and headline)

Thank you!!!!!

With that post, may I ask how much time to allow for check in? We will be staying at the Hilton Rome Airport.

Thanks again!

A good 3 hours, no matter there you stay the night before.

That is for departures to the USA...

Italian airports tend to be a bit chaotic apart from the night security checks to the US. Italians have a rather lose concept of lining up...;)

A good 3 hours, no matter there you stay the night before.

That is for departures to the USA...

Italian airports tend to be a bit chaotic apart from the night security checks to the US. Italians have a rather lose concept of lining up...;)

Thank you! Similar to Asia then. :-)

Same 3 hours for the family members family to France and Heathrow?

The three hour recommendation only applies to flights direct to the States (no stops or changes) on American, Delta, or United. Other flights, especially those within the Schengen area (France) or Europe (United Kingdom) are fine with two hours prior under normal circumstances.

Nice to know about the terminal change. Still a bit concerned about my flight timing leaving FCO. We were originally supposed to have an 11:20 flight out of FCO. We have Rome Cabs lined up to pick us up at 7:30, and, while tight, it should have been fine. Our flight has changed to an 11:00 a.m. departure. I'll get Rome Cabs to come earlier, and we were planning on doing the self disembark anyway. Just hoping that all works well and we will be able to be off the ship by 7:00.

Nice to know about the terminal change. Still a bit concerned about my flight timing leaving FCO. We were originally supposed to have an 11:20 flight out of FCO. We have Rome Cabs lined up to pick us up at 7:30, and, while tight, it should have been fine. Our flight has changed to an 11:00 a.m. departure. I'll get Rome Cabs to come earlier, and we were planning on doing the self disembark anyway. Just hoping that all works well and we will be able to be off the ship by 7:00.

Be sure you have all the data/phone#/whatever for the chance that you can't make that flight. If you booked directly with an airline, have those numbers and the Twitter handle for their customer assistance teams. If you booked with a 3rd party or the cruise line air division, be sure you have all their information. Know IN ADVANCE the next flights that you would want to get booked on - sometimes it helps to already know instead of just taking a random set of flights from an agent.

I hope you don't need this, but I'm just an old Girl Scout and believe in being prepared.

Be sure you have all the data/phone#/whatever for the chance that you can't make that flight. If you booked directly with an airline, have those numbers and the Twitter handle for their customer assistance teams. If you booked with a 3rd party or the cruise line air division, be sure you have all their information. Know IN ADVANCE the next flights that you would want to get booked on - sometimes it helps to already know instead of just taking a random set of flights from an agent.

I hope you don't need this, but I'm just an old Girl Scout and believe in being prepared.

I'm with you! I've already looked at later flights/routes. I hope that we don't need it either, and if everything works well, which it typically does, I think we should be fine, but definitely tight. However, it still makes me a bit nervous. I haven't even told my husband and the others traveling with us yet. If it were up to me alone, I'l probably just stay the extra day and not have to worry. After begin away for two weeks, however, I know that they will all need to get back to work. Fingers crossed!