Royal Princess - any bad mini suites?

Baby_Bear

Hi, planning an upcoming Med cruise on Royal Princess this summer. We usually pick our cabins, but on this one our TA has offered us a special rate for a mini suite guarantee.

I was wondering if all the Princess experts could chime in with your thoughts. Are there any bad/avoidable mini suites on the Royal? If so, we may pay more to choose our cabin, but if not really, we are happy to take our chances with the guarantee.

From what I can see, the mini suites are all clustered more or less mid ship on all decks and have good proximity to elevators, is that reasonably accurate? Thanks!

Like you, I had never booked a guarantee, but after studying the Royal Princess' deck plans I decided there were no bad minis and booked the guarantee. Unfortunately, I was offered an upsell to an Owner's Suite and took it. Big mistake. The suite was no larger than the Vista suites on the Grand Class ships and not as conveniently laid out. The balcony was huge but unusable because of the lack of shade and the nightly shower of oily soot.

But if I was every to go on Royal Princess again I would not hesitate to book another guarantee mini.

Hi, planning an upcoming Med cruise on Royal Princess this summer. We usually pick our cabins, but on this one our TA has offered us a special rate for a mini suite guarantee.

I was wondering if all the Princess experts could chime in with your thoughts. Are there any bad/avoidable mini suites on the Royal? If so, we may pay more to choose our cabin, but if not really, we are happy to take our chances with the guarantee.

From what I can see, the mini suites are all clustered more or less mid ship on all decks and have good proximity to elevators, is that reasonably accurate? Thanks!

Avoid any cabins directly under the sky-walk. These cabins don't have much privacy especially at night.

Here is a link to a YouTube about the cabins

I thought someone else had mentioned on other threads they have tried those and they were OK? But if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Sorry, being new to Princess - what level is that? Below the Sidewalk?

Edited by Baby_Bear
Forgot to add

I know a lot of people have been commenting on the seawalk and lack of privacy on the balconies under it.

Admittedly at night, it could be an issue for some people on the Rivera and Marina decks.

But we close our drapes thoroughly at night. Why wouldn't anyone not in that location?

We chose a cabin on the Baja deck under the seawalk because we wanted a larger balcony. We feel that the majority of the balconies on the Royal, Regal, and Majestic are ridiculously small for anyone who likes to spend time on their balcony with their feet up and their chair back. That is just impossible to do on the bulk of the balconies.

Here is a picture of what most of the balconies are like. I've seen pictures with people trying to sit straight out to the water and they can't. Less knee room than a coach airplane seat :(

92d87de02b0909541f31dad9ed4eee79.jpg

we booked a forward mini... away from the sky walk, glad we did... I am sure we can deal with narrow balcony... prefer the privacy. This ship design error, i.e., lack of privacy reminds me of ships who had suites under the pool deck... of course, I do think designers are trying to encouraging folks to get out of their cabins so they spend more money... follow the money that is what it is all about.