Booking a room that says disabled.

mvh

Perhaps they are trusting in your integrity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't have a lack of integrity imo but seeing as how aft facing are so desirable I don't understand why the ship would only have 2 aft facing mini suites in the first place, let alone making both of them disabled cabins...and my wife never once mentioned anything about needing disabled when booking..she simply stated we wanted aft facing and the CS rep recommended that particular cabin never once mentioning that it was an accessible cabin

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thank you kokopelli I was just going to post the same info. I am handicapped and as soon as a cruise opens I book but people who don't give a darn and aren't handicapped. RCCL asks you to check mark a box that says you are handicapped booked those rooms. Just before you book that room you must read and agree to the accessible guidelines. So if you aren't and book the room and check the accessible guidelines you are a liar and you should be removed from the room and made an example of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You For Your Post 100% Agree!!

Mike

Don't have a lack of integrity imo but seeing as how aft facing are so desirable I don't understand why the ship would only have 2 aft facing mini suites in the first place, let alone making both of them disabled cabins...and my wife never once mentioned anything about needing disabled when booking..she simply stated we wanted aft facing and the CS rep recommended that particular cabin never once mentioning that it was an accessible cabin

1. You are in the wrong place! You should be on the NCL forum. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

2. Cabins are not disabled. They are accessible.

3. You know now that this cabin is for people who need its accommodations.

1. You are in the wrong place! You should be on the NCL forum. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

2. Cabins are not disabled. They are accessible.

3. You know now that this cabin is for people who need its accommodations.

Kindly stop with the rudeness..I apologize that I posted in wrong place and have simply responded to the kind few who have responded to me..and just fyi on ncl deck plans, the cabins are not marked "accessible " on the key...I wasn't trying to be rude or offensive

There are too few HC cabins available. If you are booking a very last minute cruise only a couple of months out AND you are totally upfront with Royal that you have no actual reason to require the cabin then It is up to them I guess. But there are HC people who want to book last minute cruises also so you would be denying them. I had a difficult time booking a HC cabin for a cruise with my family on the Allure way back in September for cruise starting on Sunday. I hate that anyone who did not actually have real reason to book HC cabin would do so because is a larger cabin and balcony. And no, I do not consider that just because a person uses a scooter on the cruise qualifies you or me. I have cruised with a scooter and kept it in regular cabin despite fact that I was legally disabled and needed some of the other options of HC cabin but did not book HC as hated to deny someone who might need even. On Royal ships, I either have to book HC cabin or pay more for a Jr Suite because I cannot stand in the shower and a regular cabin will not allow me to sit so must book a cabin with a tub. Between Scooter, showering needs, needing grab bars and my daily IVs and fact that I spend much of cruises in the cabin, I have gotten over my reservations about booking HC cabins but unfortunately they are just so hard to secure.

Kindly stop with the rudeness..I apologize that I posted in wrong place and have simply responded to the kind few who have responded to me..and just fyi on ncl deck plans, the cabins are not marked "accessible " on the key...I wasn't trying to be rude or offensive

No you didn't.

I am trying to help you. I gave you the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My personal point on this issue is should need a doctors note to get one of those rooms just like you need a note to get a handicap sticker for your car.

I agree. I am sailing and flying with 4 different Doctors notes just to get my stuff there. Anyone needing a HC cabin just because must sit in shower or needs grab bars to be safe because are a great risk for falls, even if they are not in a wheelchair or scooter would be able to get a doctors note.

Call me crazy but I don't get it...wife just called and booked NCL BLISS for cruise in 2020...She told them we were looking for aft facing and rep reccomended 10318 an aft facing mini suite with large balcony...wife was thrilled and made booking..when I checked deckplan,our cabin is listed as disabled,in fact,the only 2 aft facing mini suites on entire ship are listed as disabled...my fear now is we did nothing wrong..we simply followed their recommendation and now I'm reading on cruise critic that we might be bumped from our cabin,even after final payment is made??The only cabin higher or comparable to the 2 aft facing mini suites would be Haven and I'm almost certain that NCL wouldn't move us into Haven to accommodate a last minute HC request..why should I have to tell my wife that she can't have her dream cabin that she is all excited about when she wasn't deceptive about making the booking,and she simply went along with NCL rep's advice?

Unless I'm mistaken, the NCL Bliss cruise is a charter. (We are on the RCL Bliss cruise this coming November). That being said, these folks will have NO idea what you are talking about as the rules and regulations for specific charters vary greatly. I would chat with your TA about your concerns, or NCL directly when your specific cruise is available to see in your NCL account.

I changed my room to a HP room on my upcoming cruise because I need a scooter for my handicap so I can get around. I was not asked to fill any paper work out.

Who should I contact so I don't get bumped from the room

Your posts reads as though aft cabins should only be designated as standard non-accessible cabins. Surely you didn't mean it that way.

Your posts reads as though aft cabins should only be designated as standard non-accessible cabins. Surely you didn't mean it that way.

I didn't read it that way at all -- I read it that there are only two in that category, and they are BOTH accessible cabins, and as such not ever available to able-bodied passengers.

What's wrong with making one of them accessible and the other standard? It turns it into a reverse discrimination situation... "we don't allow non-disabled people here". How is that any different than saying, "we don't allow disabled people here"?

• Like 1

Just wanted to add that it also depends on the cruise itinerary. If leaving from a US port, the ADA is enforced and you can be bumped from your cabin if RCL chooses to do so. If it is a European cruise where the ship starts off in Barcelona, anyone can choose this room and not be bumped as long as that country doesn’t have a disability act of their own. I actually don’t see many scooters or wheelchairs on European itineraries as many of the tours are strenuous or don’t offer handicap accessible tours.