Parking at Miami port

jsf

We're thinking of taking cruise out Miami, we never drive to a port but we plan on spending more time in Fl so I'm wondering what it cost's to park at the port for 5 days. I'm sure there are betters places to look but I thought I'd try here first.

J.

We've usually driven to Miami or Ft Lauderdale the day prior to our cruise to spend the night and park our car. This past time we stayed the night in hotel but decided to park in Miami for the 7 nts. It was really nice to just drive right up to the port and walk our bags over to the terminal and vice versa on our way back. No waiting at hotel for the shuttle with hoards of other cruise passengers and all that luggage! Also, you still have to get a taxi from the port back to hotel, in lineup with everyone else at a cost of $30 or so for the two of us. Transportation isn't included in the hotel package usually. We debate the cost depending on length of cruise and time of year/hotel rates.