Dawn dock or tender?

SAmome

New to NCL but cruised other lines.

I don't see information on confirmation or website about whether Dawn docks or tenders and a google seems to indicate hard to tell (but some info old).

How do you know? Take a guess based on ships in port? Seems like there would be a better way.

Considering another line too and tender process would be a minus for Dawn.

Thanks for any advice. Cruise tt doesn't go out far enough to guess based on # of ships in port. Cozumel and Roatan are the ports I've read occasionally tender instead of dock.

I was on the Dawn in January earlier this year. We docked in all ports (Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya). Harvest Caye as well, of course. My understanding is there is a priority -$$$- when it comes to which ships dock versus those who will use tenders.

I was on the Dawn in January earlier this year. We docked in all ports (Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya). Harvest Caye as well, of course. My understanding is there is a priority -$$$- when it comes to which ships dock versus those who will use tenders.

Thanks. Good to know you docked. I don't have a good sense if it's 90% dock / 10% will tender or some other odds.

Maybe since google reference to tendering was 2013 I should ask if anyone has had to tender on those ports where other larger ships dock in, say, last 6 months?

We were on the dawn at the end of January this year. We tendered in Roatan but it was a very short tender. We were anchored right behind the other ship that was docked. All other ports we were docked at. I heard in Roatan they alternate weeks of being able to dock and tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have reservations for the Dawn in Feb of 2018 for a Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Caye and Costa Maya itinerary. Was told at the time of the booking (on the Epic) that all ports were dock for that itinerary.

RCCL has preference for docking at Coxen Hole in Roatan. You can check cruisetimetables.com to see who else is in port with you.

There are two dates that the Dawn will be in the port of Coxen Hole, Roatan. Feb 22, she'll be docked as she will be the only ship in port. Feb 28, she will tender as the Liberty of the Seas will also be in port.

Most of the time Dawn docks at all its ports. We were on Dawn once and we tendered in Cozumel, but there were 11 ships there that day.

[emoji15]Oh my! I probably would've stayed onboard! That's a lot of ships!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New to NCL but cruised other lines.

I don't see information on confirmation or website about whether Dawn docks or tenders and a google seems to indicate hard to tell (but some info old).

How do you know? Take a guess based on ships in port? Seems like there would be a better way.

Considering another line too and tender process would be a minus for Dawn.

Thanks for any advice. Cruise tt doesn't go out far enough to guess based on # of ships in port. Cozumel and Roatan are the ports I've read occasionally tender instead of dock.

On the Dawn last month, we docked and did not tender anywhere. However, the week before the Dawn tendered in Roatan. NCL alternates Roatan tender with Dawn and Jade I believe. That is the only time I think it tenders. You should be able to check the Coxen Hole Roatan online and it will tell you if more than one NCL is in that day. We happen to be the only NCL in Coxen Hole so we docked and did not have to tender.

Here is the link:

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/roatanschedule2017.html

[emoji15]Oh my! I probably would've stayed onboard! That's a lot of ships!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had day passes at the AI Adults Only Secrets Resorts, which only lets about 20 people in daily. The crowd we dealt with was about the same as if we had been the only ship in town. We enjoyed the resort so much that we booked a week there the next year over New Years. During that week we probably only saw 1 or 2 parties from the ships.

On the Dawn last month, we docked and did not tender anywhere. However, the week before the Dawn tendered in Roatan. NCL alternates Roatan tender with Dawn and Jade I believe. That is the only time I think it tenders. You should be able to check the Coxen Hole Roatan online and it will tell you if more than one NCL is in that day. We happen to be the only NCL in Coxen Hole so we docked and did not have to tender.

Here is the link:

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/roatanschedule2017.html

I think it only tenders if Royal Carribean is there. They have priority porting from what I understand. If no RC, then NCL docks at Coxen Hole.