Shareholder Benefit and Go Beverage package

torchroadster

We just got declined for the Shareholder benefit because we have a cruise booked that included the Go Big Beverage package. We understand that RCL does say they may not combine the shareholder benefit with some special offers so it is a known risk. Just wanted to give a heads up to others if you currently hold or are considering purchasing RCL stock.

Cheers!

You pretty much can't use it on either Celebrity or RCCL if they give you a perk. We use it to book last minute deals where you can use the shareholder credit on Celebrity. On Royal when you get the C&A discount for a balcony & above, you can forget it unless you book an OV or Inside cabin.

If the shareholder benefit is better than the perk you can get the shareholder benefit by declining the perk.

Example: On a 14 Day TA cruise my benefit was $100 for on board booking. I declined it and took the $250 shareholder benefit. Just wanted to make you aware of this.

You can keep any benefits that come exclusively from your TA.

If the shareholder benefit is better than the perk you can get the shareholder benefit by declining the perk.

Example: On a 14 Day TA cruise my benefit was $100 for on board booking. I declined it and took the $250 shareholder benefit. Just wanted to make you aware of this.

That's what I plan to do on my first TA booked for this fall.

The shareholder benefit has worked for me on the Exciting deal bookings I've done too.... bought the stock back when it was low and literally have paid the purchase price of the 100 shares with the OBC I've received over the years. Plus the stock has quadrupled!

We have a basic rule of thumb when it comes to RCI and Celebrity...regarding the Stockholder Credit. "If you are approved for the Shareholder Credit, it means that you have paid too much for your cruise!" When we cruise on CCL products (Princess, HAL, etc) we are always given our stockholder credit regardless of the cruise price/amenities/package that we have obtained for our cruise.

Hank

They also have come up with a new trick to avoid allowing the Shareholder Benefit. We frequently book inside cabins so were able to get the OBC until recently. Now, if we see a cruise offered for say $1,000 and book it, we find that the invoice actually shows a price of $1200 and then a deduction marked "SAVINGS" of $200. The shareholder department will claim that savings is a special deal that does not combine. We still get the cruise at the advertised price, but they have found a way to avoid giving us the OBC. But the value of the stock is up and we got our dividend today, so we will hold on to it for now. Over the years we have received more in OBC than we paid for the stock.

so is the stockholder benefit 250 dollars on Celebrity? On RCI, it is 100 dollars.

It depends n the length of the cruise.

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
  • $200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less
  • (copied from the shareholder site)

Edited by TeaBag

I'm sure you are right, Orator. Just the other day I was talking to a person at Celebrity and when I told her I was planning on doing exactly what you have just stated, she told me that the OBC of $100 for booking on board was combinable with the shareholder credit. I didn't believe her, but will see how it goes when we get closer to final payment. We also have $100 OBC for B2B. Will we have to give that up also to get the $250 shareholder credit, do you think?

I'm sure you are right, Orator. Just the other day I was talking to a person at Celebrity and when I told her I was planning on doing exactly what you have just stated, she told me that the OBC of $100 for booking on board was combinable with the shareholder credit. I didn't believe her, but will see how it goes when we get closer to final payment. We also have $100 OBC for B2B. Will we have to give that up also to get the $250 shareholder credit, do you think?

They are so inconsistent that they may tell two people two different stories. I've been unable to combine stockholder with booking credit, but hopefully you will.

We'll have to remember that. We have a 14 day TA on RCL booked in 2018.

After being turned down for shareholder benefit on Celebrity and Royal previously as we had drink package perks, we have a cruise on X and one on Royal booked this year and they granted the shareholder benefit for both. The terms of the free drinks package on the UK site actually stated it was combinable with shareholder benefit but the terms of the UK Royal site specifically excluded combining it with any discounts or promotions so very surprised to get the OBC. I was starting to think the staff in the shareholder benefit were receiving commission each time they rejected a request for the benefit.