Bed placement in a balcony room on Harmony

Can any of these beds be separated -recently on anthem don't see the logistics of possibility & accommodating the large furniture

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every bed in a balcony can be separated. They are not separated by much, just by the night table, but they are separated regardless of ship.

Only beds in owners suites cannot be separated (and that may be only on certain classes of ships) if I recall correctly.

I don't recall my cabin number on Harmony but my bed was by the balcony. That would always be my preference. Just make sure to close those curtains well at night. That sunlight comes in bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cabin 9200?? Which side? Just off the Oasis and had the bed by the closet. Not really easy to use and will probably not book it again this way.

Bed is by the bathroom for 9200.

Much better layout on Harmony with the closets on either side of the bed.

Cabin 9200?? Which side? Just off the Oasis and had the bed by the closet. Not really easy to use and will probably not book it again this way.

Just to add, 9200 has the sofa bed and holds more than 2 guests. All cabins with the sofa bed will have the bed by the bath.

• 1 month later...

Off Harmony recently, thought I would add my 2 cents:

10206 - Bed by Balcony

10207 - Bed by Bath.

On Harmony, I would have to say I prefer the bed by the bath, as this allows me to get up in the night (which I do quite often), and easier to access the balcony. However, on Oasis and Allure, I would prefer the bed by the balcony, for reasons of closet access. Harmony's closets are on either side of whichever is closest to the door, which makes them much easier to access.

Balcony staterooms are built in pairs that alternate the bed placement. Looking from the hallway, the one on the right has the bed by the balcony. Find a pair by looking for connecting staterooms.

Bob, does this pattern of bed placement hold true for Jr Suites as well as balcony category cabins? We will be in a Jr Suite on Symphony. I counted cabin pairs from the nearest connecting balcony cabins and we will be on the right. I guess our bed will be by the balcony.

Thanks for the help!

Bob, does this pattern of bed placement hold true for Jr Suites as well as balcony category cabins? We will be in a Jr Suite on Symphony. I counted cabin pairs from the nearest connecting balcony cabins and we will be on the right. I guess our bed will be by the balcony.

Thanks for the help!

Only for balcony cabins. With Junior suites the bed location does not vary and the sofa will be by the balcony.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Only for balcony cabins. With Junior suites the bed location does not vary and the sofa will be by the balcony.

Thanks, Ken! I wondered if that might be the case since that's how it was in the few Jr Suites I've seen, but I didn't want to assume anything. I'm a happy cruiser! :D

We are among those who prefer the bed by the closet. Even though it was a bit difficult to get into the closet, we managed ok with that configuration. I think we would like the separate closets like Harmony has a lot better, though. Since DH is a morning person, and I'm a night owl, we like for the person who is awake to have access to the balcony without having to squeeze around the bed and disturb the one who is sleeping in order to get outside.

Thanks, Ken! I wondered if that might be the case since that's how it was in the few Jr Suites I've seen, but I didn't want to assume anything. I'm a happy cruiser! :D

We are among those who prefer the bed by the closet. Even though it was a bit difficult to get into the closet, we managed ok with that configuration. I think we would like the separate closets like Harmony has a lot better, though. Since DH is a morning person, and I'm a night owl, we like for the person who is awake to have access to the balcony without having to squeeze around the bed and disturb the one who is sleeping in order to get outside.

I really liked the layout of the cabin on Harmony and it wouldn't matter to me which layout we had. On OA and AL we prefer the bed by the balcony because of the closet issue.

• 5 months later...
You guys are so good at this! We are in three rooms (and will switch to accommodate our group's preferences) All three balcony rooms: 11150 - 11152, 11154 - interested in knowing layout.

Balcony, bathroom, balcony.

We are sailing on June 30th, have cabins 10286,10284 and 10282. Would be interested in the bed placement? Also, can you "open" the balconies or is there a divider between them? Thanks for your help.

10284 has the bed by the bath, the others have the bed by the balcony.

Your cabin steward can open the balcony dividers.