Bed placement in a balcony room on Harmony

So how do I know if the bed is by the balcony or the sofa is by the balcony? I booked room 8166, is the bed or sofa going to be on the balcony?

Thanks

Bed by the balcony.

Bed by the balcony.

Thank you for the quick response, YAAA!!! we prefer bed by the balcony, but is there anyway to find out which room has the bed/sofa by the balcony? Is there a set pattern or even deck pattern? Thanks again!!

Thank you for the quick response, YAAA!!! we prefer bed by the balcony, but is there anyway to find out which room has the bed/sofa by the balcony? Is there a set pattern or even deck pattern? Thanks again!!

Balcony staterooms are built in pairs that alternate the bed placement. Looking from the hallway, the one on the right has the bed by the balcony. Find a pair by looking for connecting staterooms.

Bob,

Do you have a personal preference for the bed placement? Does one placement over the other give an illusion of more space in the cabin? With the closets on Harmony on both sides of the bed, would that make a difference in the actual floor space?

Bob,

Do you have a personal preference for the bed placement? Does one placement over the other give an illusion of more space in the cabin? With the closets on Harmony on both sides of the bed, would that make a difference in the actual floor space?

Can't really help as I've only been on Oasis and Allure, and their stateroom arrangement is different from Harmony.

How different is the layout of the Harmony to the Allure/Oasis?

Oasis/Allure has one closet with sliding doors next to the bathroom. When the bed is near the bathroom, it makes closet access more inconvenient.

Harmony has smaller closets on each side of the bed.

My understanding is that Harmony cabins were built more like Quantum class cabins. We were in 10212 last summer - bed by the door. Based on my nosiness (checking out the cabin next to us) the sofa is longer in that set up, which is why they sell it for 3 people. The cabin with the bed by the balcony seemed to have a shorter sofa. We wanted that cabin to be right next door to our friends, but it's only sold for 2 people, and based on the length of the sofa, I think that is why. This is what we were told anyway.

Thanks Bob, not what I really wanted to hear but we will make it work.

I edited my post, because on Harmony the closets are always on either side of the bed. More accurate to say the bed is near the bathroom.

• 2 months later...