Take my chairs away?

Any experience with getting stewards to remove chairs from your balcony? I'm guessing I am going to have 2 loungers and 2 chairs and a table on my balcony on the pearl if my breakaway experience is any indication. I hate clutter and would rather just have one lounger and the table. There is obviously limited storage on the ship- do you think I can get them to take away the rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any experience with getting stewards to remove chairs from your balcony? I'm guessing I am going to have 2 loungers and 2 chairs and a table on my balcony on the pearl if my breakaway experience is any indication. I hate clutter and would rather just have one lounger and the table. There is obviously limited storage on the ship- do you think I can get them to take away the rest?

You are going to have 2 chairs and a table on the Pearl. The standard balcony on Pearl (and other Jewel class ships - Jade, Jewel and Gem) is bigger than the ones on Breakaway and Getaway.

Wait until you board before deciding. If you want removal or addition, make sure to tip the room steward for the trouble. :cool:

You are going to have 2 chairs and a table on the Pearl. The standard balcony on Pearl (and other Jewel class ships - Jade, Jewel and Gem) is bigger than the ones on Breakaway and Getaway.

Wait until you board before deciding. If you want removal or addition, make sure to tip the room steward for the trouble. :cool:

I always tip. And I have one of the two large aft facing balconies- on the breakaway when I had the same room, I had 2 chairs and 2 loungers, and on a review of this room I heard the same. I am one person, so I don't need 4 chairs. My plan would be to write a note with a tip, I just don't know if there's a place for them to put it. We asked for them to take away the little chairs verbally last time, but it never happened.

Here is link to a 2015 youtube video of 10668, one of the two aft facing balconies on deck 10 on the Pearl. In this video the balcony has two loungers, two chairs and the regular tiny table. The "wicker" lounger shown is usually suite balcony furniture so it may have been moved from a neighboring stateroom.

Once you are on board and see how the balcony is set up for your sailing there is no problem in asking your room steward to remove (or add) something. If it is in their "power" they'll do it. On the Epic we tipped our steward $20 for a lounger for our aft facing balcony and helped him carry it through the cabin. $20 might have been excessive but it was worth it to us and we got great service all week. He got another tip on the last morning :)

They may not have room to store it but they can get creative.

On a previous princess cruise we had a small balcony (knew in advance) that came with 2 chairs and a table, but we really wanted a lounger, even if only one.

The very smart steward came back with a lounger and 2 bungee cords. He folded the chairs, bungeed them to the balcony sidewall and set up the lounger. It was obvious he had this request before.

If we wanted to eat outside we just unhooked the chairs and folded the lounger.

Not saying your Steward will do this, but if they can't remove them for lack of place to put them, see if there are any options to make them less obtrusive.