Anytime Dining on the Coral - Shambles!

sippican

Assigned time, assigned table. Problem solved.

And you get to meet new friends.

We did end up with Traditional Dining and were blessed with wonderful tablemates (crazily that word keeps autocorrecting to "stablemates", lol! ). It all worked out in the end, but we are still anytime diners at heart.

I thought bread came in a basket? Never had a roll thrown or placed on my plate. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess the noro precautions were still in effect at the start of our cruise. Breadbaskets did appear after a day or two.

On the grand class ships I've been on, deck 5 aft is officer's mess.

I've only eaten there once.

On the Grand Class the stern dining room is deck 6. Same structure between dining rooms though. Stern traditional early and late. Deck 5 mid anytime early and late Deck 6 mid traditional early, anytime late, and a small section for the new Club Class.

okay couldn't get early TD on my cruise so thought of going to late. But it is really too late for me and being diabetic this Thread is scaring me. My Hubby and I eat early at home but I am now scared of an hour wait??? What do other diabetics do. I do take a insulin before I eat and would hate to have low before I get to a table??

okay couldn't get early TD on my cruise so thought of going to late. But it is really too late for me and being diabetic this Thread is scaring me. My Hubby and I eat early at home but I am now scared of an hour wait??? What do other diabetics do. I do take a insulin before I eat and would hate to have low before I get to a table??

Just talk to the Matre D' the first day when you're on the ship & they'll arrange a traditional seating for you or they'll give you an assigned time in the dining room.

The MD always meets with passengers the first day for issues such as yours at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day.

It's usually held in one of the DR's between 2p and 3:30p.

Originally posted by pablo222 On the grand class ships I've been on, deck 5 aft is officer's mess.

On the Grand Class the stern dining room is deck 6. Same structure between dining rooms though. Stern traditional early and late. Deck 5 mid anytime early and late Deck 6 mid traditional early, anytime late, and a small section for the new Club Class.

The Officer's Dining Room is entered near the stairs that lead to the Deck 6 Aft/Stern Traditional Dining Room.

Originally posted by pablo222 On the grand class ships I've been on, deck 5 aft is officer's mess.

The Officer's Dining Room is entered near the stairs that lead to the Deck 6 Aft/Stern Traditional Dining Room.

It must have been nice to eat in the officer's mess. Were you invited by one of the ship's officers?

Enjoy your cruise, and if God wills, grant you good health to live and not die before your next cruise.