Drink package? Yes or no (energy drinks)

helene109

Now my husband says not worth it for both of us but problem is with the energy drinks! might just put my son in a room with my husband and do I just get a room only card at guest services?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by helene109

• 3 weeks later...
How many days before you cruise can you buy the package? To get the discount thanks!

The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $49.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity. CHEERS! can be purchased online at www.carnival.com/Funshops or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.

Thanks so much!

Your welcome!

As far as Cheers goes.......if your husband were to drink 4-5 energy drinks and 4-5 beers each day it would be worth it. Anything else like water, coffee, more expensive drinks and he would come out ahead. It doesn't sound like it would be worth it for you and your daughter.

Yes thanks he does I can buy generic sugar free ones but it is getting expensive! So far he is listed in a room with my 18 year old. I just hope I don't regret not getting it for myself! 2 years ago I would have 3 frozen drinks a night so torn! We only do one big trip a year. Glad I have time to decide

Helene109.... Don't know if your ship has an Alchemy Bar on it or not, but if it does, that's the place on board to drink. It's open from like 400-1200. You can get great concoctions made with fresh fruit and unique combinations. The drinks run 10.95, so even if you only enjoy three of them per day, you're already 2/3 of the way to breaking even. Either way, have a great Cruise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Gotta know the truth....I have seen this phrase "Bless your heart" before....is it not a southern phrase with a condescending agenda to it?

I am not a Southerner, but as a Northerner, I have always gotten that feeling when hearing that phrase. "Have a blessed day" is another one since it always seems to follow some sort of subtle disagreement.

Gotta know the truth....I have seen this phrase "Bless your heart" before....is it not a southern phrase with a condescending agenda to it?

Real life southerner here. Can confirm, this phrase is 100% condescending and we love using it. You may also see "Bless him" or "Bless her" or if someone really wants to throw down some extra condescendigness (yes, that's a word) you'll simply see "Bless." All of which are, of course, said with the nicest, sweeter-than-sweet-tea and peach cobbler tone of voice.

Tell your mama 'n 'em hey, and y'all come back now, ya hear?

• 4 weeks later...
Real life southerner here. Can confirm, this phrase is 100% condescending and we love using it. You may also see "Bless him" or "Bless her" or if someone really wants to throw down some extra condescendigness (yes, that's a word) you'll simply see "Bless." All of which are, of course, said with the nicest, sweeter-than-sweet-tea and peach cobbler tone of voice.

Tell your mama 'n 'em hey, and y'all come back now, ya hear?

Oh no, I'm sure to slip up then. As an English woman, I use "bless" and "Bless you" often and mean both sincerely :o I will need to watch my mouth around curse words too, seems we're a little more liberal when it comes to their use!

I usually enjoy conversations about the different use of words across the pond. Others I've slipped up with.before include rubber (eraser) & fag (cigarette). I once asked a kindly stranger in Times Square if I could "bum a fag" off them - (would they please give me a cugarette) I'm not a mad woman honest! :cool:

Oh no, I'm sure to slip up then. As an English woman, I use "bless" and "Bless you" often and mean both sincerely :o I will need to watch my mouth around curse words too, seems we're a little more liberal when it comes to their use!

I usually enjoy conversations about the different use of words across the pond. Others I've slipped up with.before include rubber (eraser) & fag (cigarette). I once asked a kindly stranger in Times Square if I could "bum a fag" off them - (would they please give me a cugarette) I'm not a mad woman honest! :cool:

Don't worry about it. I'm a southerner too and "bless" and "bless you" are not exclusively negative terms. I hear them all the time in a positive context.

No I put my in with my 18 year old and I am thinking of only buying one drink package but our obc is tied to their room trying to figure out how I can use the obc as my name is linked to the inside room

Sounds to me Cheers would be worth it for both of you. If your DH is getting 2 drinks a day and many energy drinks and sodas he is defiantly coming out ahead. If you are drinking 3 frozen drinks a day and then any of the other drinks it will then come out ahead. Plus once you have it you might actually get a few extra to try as you would not otherwise because you are 'paying' for them. So if either of you have 3-4 alcoholic drinks plus 3-4 of any of the following: any coffee drink in the coffee bar, all sodas, energy drinks, cappuccinos in the MDR with meals, unlimited virgin frozen drinks or mixers with soda/tonics, milkshakes from the coffee bar, bottled water- either the small or large bottles, sparkling waters, specialty teas, and any of the juices then you come out ahead of the $800 for a 7 day cruise. I got my monies worth from the bottled water, specialty coffees, and Perrier Waters.

Don't worry about it. I'm a southerner too and "bless" and "bless you" are not exclusively negative terms. I hear them all the time in a positive context.

Aww, bless you! That's put my mind at rest! (See I just can't help it!!) :)

No I put my in with my 18 year old and I am thinking of only buying one drink package but our obc is tied to their room trying to figure out how I can use the obc as my name is linked to the inside room

You do not want to use OBC for the Cheers package. OBC can only be used on board, as the name implies. By doing so, you lose the 5.00 per day discount you get by prepaying for the cheers package. 49.95 vs 54.95 per day, which is really 5.75 per day with the added 15% gratuity or 40.25 over a 7 day cruise. You do have tips, excursions, specialty dining, etc to use your OBC towards.

The cost doesn't go up because people sneak and share drinks it goes up because that's how business works. The ethics police on cc kill me.

Carnival like all business that have stockholders or want to do well in business have to find ways to increase profits. Carnival has only so many rooms to book and can only buy so many new ships at a time. So the next option is to make a higher profit on what they sell already.

So let's stop blowing the ethics whistle and sitting on the high horse.

I would seriously consider suing whatever institution you attended for business school to get your tuition back, because you clearly don't understand business. I will give you a real life scenario which involves a little math:

If a Carnival ship sells just 500 drink packages on a 7 day voyage and each person generously gives away just one drink per day, that's 3500 drinks per week. If Carnival's cost is, lets say, $1.50 per drink, then that's a grand total of $5,250 per week. Assuming each ship sails 52 weeks per year, that's $273,000 per ship per year. Last I heard, Carnival had somewhere over 50 ships, or something like that, so that's $14,196,000 per year in lost profits.

In an era where they are cutting employees on each ship to save a few hundred thousand dollars per year, it seems to me like saving over $14,000,000 per year (a conservative estimate, by the way) would be important to them.

All that and I don't even have a business degree.

The bottom line is that sharing drinks is strictly prohibited and quite frankly, stealing. If you're perfectly OK with that then that says a lot about you.

Good day!

I would seriously consider suing whatever institution you attended for business school to get your tuition back, because you clearly don't understand business. I will give you a real life scenario which involves a little math:

If a Carnival ship sells just 500 drink packages on a 7 day voyage and each person generously gives away just one drink per day, that's 3500 drinks per week. If Carnival's cost is, lets say, $1.50 per drink, then that's a grand total of $5,250 per week. Assuming each ship sails 52 weeks per year, that's $273,000 per ship per year. Last I heard, Carnival had somewhere over 50 ships, or something like that, so that's $14,196,000 per year in lost profits.

In an era where they are cutting employees on each ship to save a few hundred thousand dollars per year, it seems to me like saving over $14,000,000 per year (a conservative estimate, by the way) would be important to them.

The bottom line is that sharing drinks is strictly prohibited and quite frankly, stealing. If you're perfectly OK with that then that says a lot about you.

Good day!

I'm not going to get into the "stealing aspect" of it but I don't think that is how Carnival looks at it as far as revenue. They have set the limit (15) at a price they will still make a profit that is acceptable to them. If someone has 8 drinks in a day and gives one away or drinks 9 and doesn't give any away Carnival will still make a profit. I'm sure they have figured out how many drinks on average people with Cheers get and set the price accordingly.

Good day!

Thank you Wheels87!!!

I don't understand how people refuse to believe that sharing factors into Carnivals cheers price point and as the sharing increases, their profit margins decrease and they will raise prices to offset it. its so basic, that I simply don't see how people continue to refute it.

. I'm sure they have figured out how many drinks on average people with Cheers get and set the price accordingly.

THIS IS IT EXACTLY!!!!

the the more people share, the HIGHER the average will be and the more likely they will raise the prices of the cheers program for everybody.

Good day!

This was all very cute... you don't have a business degree.

Carnival has stated that they plan to increase revenues in their address to stock holders and the P&L. Carnival has x number of ships. Every year carnival needs to make higher profits. If 2016 they have say 50 ships and in 2017 they continues with said 50 ships.

Now let's assume that in both year all 50 ships sail constant or they have the same number of dry docks.

So in year 2017 they can't add more sailing and they can still only fill every room... so now how do they make more money...

Option A- raise cruise rates (raise it enough that they still fill the same percentage of each ship)

Option B- reduce services- these are the cut backs on quality of food, dinning room table clothes every night.

Option C- increase cost of product sold on ship in stores.

Option D- reduce staff - this is reduce

The number of staff on the ship to save money but not reduce the number of bookings.

Option E- increase packages on ship- raise the drink package and soda packages to make more money but maintain about the same number of packages sold. Also they can raise faster to the fun and other programs.

You see carnival has used all these options to increase revenue because they can't go to the stock holders and say we are making less. The fact is cheers goes up because it has to. Not because Tom shared 1 of his 15 drinks. Carnival has promised to make more money in every category so some research and open your eyes.

I personally don't share my 15 I consume them. But I am not going to log on here and shame people that do share. I am also not going to feel bad for carnival that people's share. If it was hurting them that bad they would police it more on the ships.

Some of you are so holy on here and perfect and never sinned... I am surprised you cruise and don't just walk on water. Have a blessed day!