Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre Questions

Hello...sailing on Freedom December 17. Want to do murder mystery dinner...on the website already for purchase but no details about the dinner other than it is at Giovanni's. Anyone done this and know what the dinner includes? Is it the normal menu and you can order whatever you want? Also, are you seated with others or alone with your party? Finally, are some alcoholic drinks included?

When we have participated the menu was two choices, Filet or shrimp. I believe there was an antepasto, a soup and dessert also.

Wine is flowing either red or white, your choice.

The tables have always been long tables with perhaps 14 to 16, and they give you an assigned table during the "cocktail" hour. (Champagne and appetizers). If you are in a group you may be assigned the same table but I am not sure if that is always possible.

We have enjoyed it even though it is a little corny.

For teens it's just anther meal with bad acting. If they enjoy any kind of theater and who dunnit than yes. The food will be good and they still get to hang with their family which could be a good thing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this only on specific ships or fleetwide? I know I read about them doing it a few years ago but also read that they discontinued it. Would be delighted to know what ships it is on for future bookings

Is this only on specific ships or fleetwide? I know I read about them doing it a few years ago but also read that they discontinued it. Would be delighted to know what ships it is on for future bookings

They typically hold the Murder Mystery Dinner on any ship with a Giovanni's, though I don't believe it's held on every sailing. I don't know if you can reliably know in advance if it will be on a specific sailing.

We just did this on the Navigator. It was extremely crowded, the arm of your chair was up against the chairs next to you, They put 2 rows of tables down the length of the restaurant. The food was ok, either fish or filet. 2 choices for dessert. I had the best dessert of the cruise there though. To say the acting was cheesy is an understatement. I have been to other mystery dinners and thought they were hysterical, which is why we went. Not here. I actually felt it painful to sit through this. Also, they gave no clues as to who did it. We actually left before the big reveal of the culprit! In my opinion, not worth the $150 it cost for 2 people.