socializing at dinner

Misterandrews

We ask for a table for 2 now cause they seem to put all the disabled together and then it's a competition to see is the most disabled, we don't want to discuss medical issues :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is discriminatory putting all the disabled passengers together at dinner. I would not cop that.

Next thing we know the cruise line will put all us Coeliacs/gluten intolerant pax together so we can all order our GF dinner the night before.:evilsmile: So we can talk about Coeliac disease and gluten free tucker all evening, No way !!!:loudcry:

;)

We were on an "unlucky" table and it wasn't our fault that one of the people on it was effing and blinding, another told a waiter to "b****r off" and his wife told me to leave her teapot alone when I was nowhere near it. It's the only time we have had to change tables.

A Teapot?

What restaurant were you in?

Oh, dear. Why would they segregate people with special needs?

I use an oxygen concentrator when I'm active, though once I'm seated I can remove it with no trouble and tuck the small machine under my feet. I realize my portable oxygen concentrator may be the first thing someone notices about me, but I don't want it to be the last. I have no intention of discussing my supplemental O2 use--unless someone asks because they have a friend or loved one who needs extra O2 and is interested in my equipment.

Who wants to talk illness for pity's sake? I'm far more interested in art, music, history and travel.

Well in all my time cruising with Cunard I have never come across that.

I use an oxygen concentrator when I'm active, though once I'm seated I can remove it with no trouble and tuck the small machine under my feet. I realize my portable oxygen concentrator may be the first thing someone notices about me, but I don't want it to be the last. I have no intention of discussing my supplemental O2 use--unless someone asks because they have a friend or loved one who needs extra O2 and is interested in my equipment.

Who wants to talk illness for pity's sake? I'm far more interested in art, music, history and travel.

They seem to want all wheelchair users on the same table near the entrance, which i can understand from a ease of access point but not from a personal point, happens on P&O as well..

Maybe we have just been unlucky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They seem to want all wheelchair users on the same table near the entrance, which i can understand from a ease of access point but not from a personal point, happens on P&O as well..

Maybe we have just been unlucky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jason.

I would dispute that comment regarding P&O.

Having recently completed 35 nights on board Oceana we spent many an evening with different wheelchair users joining our tables all over the restaurant.

Sure that was on 'freedom' dining but the restaurant was basically laid out in the same manner as the 'Club' dining restaurant.

Hi Jason.

I would dispute that comment regarding P&O.

Having recently completed 35 nights on board Oceana we spent many an evening with different wheelchair users joining our tables all over the restaurant.

Sure that was on 'freedom' dining but the restaurant was basically laid out in the same manner as the 'Club' dining restaurant.

After some half dozen trips on Oceana we were put on the same table nearly every night on freedom, even same table at lunch, when you live it 24/7 you notice these things..

Last year on the Arcadia we traveled with two other couples (non disabled) so we asked for a table of six, the first few nights they tried to spilt us or add us to a table of eight with another wheelchair user, so yes it does happen a lot.

I am a scooter user and regularly cruise on P&O we have been all over the restaurants we do not do freedom. We have only ever sat with 2 people in wheelchairs in nearly 40 cruises. I have to say I have noticed that Arcadia has tables that seem to be closer together and more difficult to move between. Of course she is a sister to QE and QV.

The best for space has been Britannia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

After some half dozen trips on Oceana we were put on the same table nearly every night on freedom, even same table at lunch, when you live it 24/7 you notice these things..

Last year on the Arcadia we traveled with two other couples (non disabled) so we asked for a table of six, the first few nights they tried to spilt us or add us to a table of eight with another wheelchair user, so yes it does happen a lot.

I don't suppose you were one of those queuing before the restaurant opened?

Indeed, it's funny this subject has arisen. I recall arriving at the 'Ligurian' around 7.30 one evening and witnessing a dreadful rant by a guy in a wheelchair because he couldn't have a table for two. He reckoned it had been promised to him by one of the head waiters the previous evening.

Kind of defeats the object of Freedom dining I thought: and so did the restaurant manager, poor boy.

Thanks! We hope to avoid discussing the President.

At lunch one day we asked a British couple if they thought Charles should become King or whether it should pass through to Prince William. He said Charles and she said William. And then they looked at each other in disbelief. They had never discussed this issue and it almost started a fight. Once there was a break in the action, we apologized and then they started laughing. Yes-they had never discussed it and each was surprised by the other's position. They said one would think this would have come up before over 15 years of marriage. You never know about some people - they both said.

I too dislike "organ recitals"

Sent from my iPad using Forums