What are the strengths of the Carnival Conquest?

Carleeb12

My family just got back from the Breeze and my sister and her husband came home to an email from his dad stating that he had booked a cruise for the entire family on the Conquest next May. Will this be a disappointment for them going from the Breeze, or are there things about the Conquest that make it appealing as well? Any idea if there are plans to add a Water Works or other amenities? It looks like it has Guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina, but that's about it.

I would not call it a dissapointment. To me no cruise is a true dissapointment. I have not been on the Conquest but its sister, the Valor. Currently, Carnival has no plans to upgrade the Conquest with the exception of the new serenity deck they are adding in June. I don't know exactly what you are looking for but there are plenty of activities to do on board.

It has the Alchemy bar and the steakhouse as well. I sailed on the Conquest and had a blast. Yes it is a different experience than the Breeze, since she has all the bells and whistles. But it is still a great ship, and as stated above she is getting a brand new serenity deck when she goes in for dry dock.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

My family just got back from the Breeze and my sister and her husband came home to an email from his dad stating that he had booked a cruise for the entire family on the Conquest next May. Will this be a disappointment for them going from the Breeze, or are there things about the Conquest that make it appealing as well? Any idea if there are plans to add a Water Works or other amenities? It looks like it has Guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina, but that's about it.

I would think the only ones that would be disappointed might be kids, you didn't say if any were going.

The Conquest does have an adults only pool. (Although other threads suggest this is going to change). Sometimes you have to cruise for the ports a ship stops in and sometimes for the ship itself. Sometimes you have to take what you get and relax and enjoy. It sounds like the cruise is paid for by someone else? So I hope she doesn't find anything to complain about.

We enjoy the quiet open deck 3 on the Conquest class ships, where you are close to the water. It is a really nice quiet place where you can read a book or just enjoy the ocean.You don't get that experience on Breeze unless yo book a cove balcony on deck2, because the deck 5 lanai is much higher up and has tall plexiglass walls around most of it.

The Conquest does have an adults only pool. (Although other threads suggest this is going to change). Sometimes you have to cruise for the ports a ship stops in and sometimes for the ship itself. Sometimes you have to take what you get and relax and enjoy. It sounds like the cruise is paid for by someone else? So I hope she doesn't find anything to complain about.

I was on the April 1-9 sailing, and Conquest had already changed the aft pool and hot tub policy to allow use by children "accompanied by an adult".

Of course, there were kids in and out of the pool and hot tub without an adult nearby, and staff did nothing to enforce the new policy.

Perhaps there will be enough complaints that Carnival will rescind this policy change, like the issue with the shrimp cocktail appetizer.

The Conquest has been my favorite Carnival ship to date. I like the tiered deck, it's great for watching Dive In movies at night. There are water slides and several pools and hot tubs. The shows were very good.

Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana and Seafood Shack all very good.

It's not one of the large Dream-Class ships with all the new bells & whistles, but it is a lovely vessel and everyone should have a great time!

I really like the BBQ on deck 10. I just got off Conquest b2b on March 12 and had that for lunch several days. Granted it is not the BBQ they serve on the Breeze and it is not Guy's new BBQ joint, but I didn't care. Good baked beans, good chicken and good sauces to choose from.

I prefer Conquest over Breeze, but that's me. I'm not a fan of the larger ships and actually prefer the Pride and Miracle over all the other ships. I don't care about bells/whistles.

I am sailing on the Conquest January 20, 2018. I was on the Sunshine this January. I'm not too worried about bells and whistles. My concern is the ports and the price! Flying from Montana to Florida costs almost as much as the cruise. I'm happy on ANY cruise, but am looking forward to the new Serenity Deck, as the one on the Sunshine is amazing! A cruise is what you make it.

You are going to cruise again even after you found out the crew hardly gets paid any money?

I'm guessing it didn't bother you too much after all.:)

Bill

We choose the Conquest for our first Carnival cruise coming up in 20 days. Although it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I know the kids would LOVE, they've never been on a cruise, or any boat bigger than a ferry boat, so basically for them, anything is better than nothing. My only requirement over a pool was a water slide and I wanted the Build A Bear option. I figured we'd do this ship first because without ever experiencing a ship at all, they will be in awe no matter what. Then, we can move up from there. I think if we would have done a ship like Vista first, Conquest would be a disappointment because they'd be wanting all those amenities they knew the other ship had an this one didn't. Although, kids are kids, and as long as there is a pool they are usually happy!