Liberty of the Seas - Royal Gifts, Beer, and Prescription meds questions

Hello all,We are set to board the LOS on the April 23rd sailing and I have a few questions.

1) My husband will be celebrating his 50th Birthday while on board and I am in the works of ordering some Royal Gifts for him. I've got them all selected but haven't checked out yet because I see that there is the option for a coupon code. Does any happen to have, or know where I can find a coupon code that might give me some discounts on my order? Thanks in advance if you do.

2) Does anyone happen to know if they serve Blue Moon on the ship? This is my husbands new found favorite so hoping that the answer is yes.

3) When bringing prescription meds on board, its it required to have them in their original bottles? I would rather use one of the pill holders with the days of the week on them so I will have room for my prescription meds as well as my vitamins, but I just don't want to have them taken due to them not being in their original bottles.

Thanks!!!

I can understand why the question would be asked about medications. I travel for a living and have seen TSA not allow meds that were not in their original container. Although I think that it is ridiculous as I have flown multiple times with pill planner and not original packing... they gave the person two choices fly without them and ship them to her home address or don't fly! So stupid! I actually called TSA and basically was told it is a case by case basis and up to the individual security agent...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your meds do NOT have to be in original bottles...many folks use the "daily planners"....the exception would be large numbers of narcotics...THEY should be in the original bottle. No one cares about your blood pressure meds, vitamins, or water pills!

Bring your meds in anything you want.

What makes you think they are going take your stuff

Better yet, Why do you think they would even care?

How will they even know??

Crazy.....

For the simple reason that I will have it in my carry on bag. I've always brought them in their original bottles, just trying to save space.

Please be aware that any beverages ordered online to be delivered to your cabin, they will NOT be delivered until day 2 due to Texas liquor laws. If you want a bottle of champagne for sailaway, or wine for dinner, carry them onboard with you. Drink packages are available right away, but with limited selections until the ship is 12 miles out of port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please be aware that any beverages ordered online to be delivered to your cabin, they will NOT be delivered until day 2 due to Texas liquor laws. If you want a bottle of champagne for sailaway, or wine for dinner, carry them onboard with you. Drink packages are available right away, but with limited selections until the ship is 12 miles out of port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Specifically about the Blue Moon. We don't plan on bringing any alcohol on board as we both have our drink packages. I'm just curious to know if they serve it on the ship. Thanks!

Specifically about the Blue Moon. We don't plan on bringing any alcohol on board as we both have our drink packages. I'm just curious to know if they serve it on the ship. Thanks!

I've seen Blue Moon on every ship we've been on.

My daughter takes meds for anxiety /depression disorder. She takes 3 different prescriptions daily ( she's kinda like Alice in wonderland...one pill makes her happy one pill makes her mellow and one gives her a boost due to the others ...lol) she has gone on 2 cruises so far 3rd will be in August. She has always just put them in a daily med container. Easier for her to remember if she took them , especially on vacation when your schedule is different and you get side tracked 😉. We have flown in the day before and then got on the ship no problems so far. Even did a Loooooong train ride one time (22hours) no problems there either and she packs them in her carry on.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Thank you, finally a straight forward answer!

We need more Bobs and less of some of the others. I understand all you want is a simple answer, not some nasty reply. Some people just are angry by nature. They should not have accounts on internet boards.

Just an FYI, I got pulled for a random bag check at Cape Canaveral and got fined $500 (or arrested) for not having my water pills and anti-depressant in the container they came in. The guy was on a total power trip and stood there, tested every single water pill, then told me one of the medicines was a controlled substance and since they couldn't verify the prescription I could either pay a $500 fine or get arrested and see a judge the next day.

So..just be careful. Anything that's considered a controlled substance you might want to bring a bottle with. Especially if you disembark on a Sunday where no one can call to verify info with your doctor :-(

I still don't think what they did was legal, but it's too late to do anything about it now. I even heard one of the officers come by and go "Woo hoo! It's payday Sunday! Everyone's paying them today!" Another officer later admitted I got pulled for the bag check because I only declared $50 in spending on my form (It was a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas...I didn't buy much of anything...I live in FL and have been there a hundred times.)

Never had that experience at any other cruise port. It scared the hell out of me because I've never been in any kind of trouble before, and to be threatened with arrest was a bit ridiculous to me. I'd always brought those two items exactly the same way on every other cruise I'd been on, but from now on I'm bringing the bottle. Yeek.

Edited by RedLightVegas

we need more bobs and less of some of the others. I understand all you want is a simple answer, not some nasty reply. Some people just are angry by nature. They should not have accounts on internet boards.

100%

Just an FYI, I got pulled for a random bag check at Cape Canaveral and got fined $500 (or arrested) for not having my water pills and anti-depressant in the container they came in. The guy was on a total power trip and stood there, tested every single water pill, then told me one of the medicines was a controlled substance and since they couldn't verify the prescription I could either pay a $500 fine or get arrested and see a judge the next day.

I do not believe this...

We need more Bobs and less of some of the others. I understand all you want is a simple answer, not some nasty reply. Some people just are angry by nature. They should not have accounts on internet boards.

So true. I found that to be slightly rude, when all I was looking for were honest answers to my questions. Thanks!

So..just be careful. Anything that's considered a controlled substance you might want to bring a bottle with. Especially if you disembark on a Sunday where no one can call to verify info with your doctor :-(

I still don't think what they did was legal, but it's too late to do anything about it now. I even heard one of the officers come by and go "Woo hoo! It's payday Sunday! Everyone's paying them today!" Another officer later admitted I got pulled for the bag check because I only declared $50 in spending on my form (It was a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas...I didn't buy much of anything...I live in FL and have been there a hundred times.)

Never had that experience at any other cruise port. It scared the hell out of me because I've never been in any kind of trouble before, and to be threatened with arrest was a bit ridiculous to me. I'd always brought those two items exactly the same way on every other cruise I'd been on, but from now on I'm bringing the bottle. Yeek.

Wow, that's ridiculous. Maybe I'll keep them in the bottles just to be on the safe side. They way my luck has been going lately, that would probably happen to me.