Very bad experience on Grand Princess

RiverCityCruiser

We are a week off the Grand and also had a problem with the toilet. Called for service and had someone there within 10 minutes...he was done in about 30 and we had no more trouble. Two Different employees called later that night to check that there weren't any more problems. We were happy with the response.

Sorry you had both problems...the mattress...ick!

Being a vacuum system, with piping that is much smaller than the sort we have in our homes, it's much easier for things to get clogged up. I've been on several cruises where a letter is issued to each stateroom reminding pax to not dispose of anything but ship-supplied toilet tissue in the toilets, and sometimes there will be a reminder in the Patter too.

If ya cant keep your bodily fluids in your body.

DONT CRUISE.

You do realize many seniors have plumbing issues and not just little kids. Excluding that market segment from cruising and the entire cruise industry will be in trouble.

You do realize many seniors have plumbing issues and not just little kids. Excluding that market segment from cruising and the entire cruise industry will be in trouble.

Aren't there diapers made for adults?

And if a PAX suffers from incontinence, it would be prudent for them to wear one?

Enjoy your cruise. And if God wills, grant you continued good health, to live and not die before your next cruise.

"I cruise to stay healthy, and to eat a slice of apple pie every day before I die."

yes I do realise, that, and I also realise that most of these people whinge and whine about smokers ,kids ,food, and someone coughing near them.

Yep. And to be honest, those with chronic medical conditions usually will. I know one person who brings waterproof mattress covers to give to the steward so they don't have to wear adult diapers to bed (and 9.5 out of 10 times they come back unliquidated).

However there are other causes, especially in situations where someone may have been trying to get the last bit of benefit out of a beverage plan, where people are far less likely to admit they fouled the bed.

So wouldn't the responsible thing be to tell the room steward that you had a "little oopsie"?

yes I do realise, that, and I also realise that most of these people whinge and whine about smokers ,kids ,food, and someone coughing near them.

"These people"? Please. With any luck you'll get there some day. I hope you'll be in perfect health all the way to 100 and beyond.:D

We are a week off the Grand and also had a problem with the toilet. Called for service and had someone there within 10 minutes...he was done in about 30 and we had no more trouble. Two Different employees called later that night to check that there weren't any more problems. We were happy with the response.

Sorry you had both problems...the mattress...ick!

We had the same issue in April 2016 while sailing in C422. It turned out that the section of clogged pipe serviced only 3 PH suites, so it was either the couple to our left or right (met both couples out on our balconies) who flushed a baby wipe down the toilet. I spoke with our room steward to ask him to relay a gentle reminder to both of them since we didn't flush it down our toilet. Rest of the 15-night cruise was clog free. Like you maintenance also showed up in 10 minutes, and as advised, the clog was cleared from the pipes in the hallway so we didn't have to be there. I wouldn't want that guys job.

Edited by cflutist

We had the same issue in April 2016 while sailing in C422. It turned out that the section of clogged pipe serviced only 3 PH suites, so it was either the couple to our left or right (met both couples out on our balconies) who flushed a baby wipe down the toilet. I spoke with our room steward to ask him to relay a gentle reminder to both of them since we didn't flush it down our toilet. Rest of the 15-night cruise was clog free. Like you maintenance also showed up in 10 minutes, and as advised, the clog was cleared from the pipes in the hallway so we didn't have to be there. I wouldn't want that guys job.

Were these two couples English speaking?

And, or , were they first time cruisers that didn't know not to flush anything down the toilet other than cruise T.P.?

I think it's also mentioned in the daily Patter, yes? I don't remember.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Disgusting and people wonder why there is Noro on ships.

If ya cant keep your bodily fluids in your body.

DONT CRUISE.

Sometimes, for medical reasons, despite all precautions you just don't react quickly enough! I got caught out yesterday, and had to walk home wearing an obviously soiled skirt. Only 1 person politely alerted me, I know her, and explained what had happened. I have portable chair protectors and bring them with me when travelling-the excitement can upset the muscle control IYKWIM? And yes, I will make sure I have appropriate supplies to try and prevent another unfortunate occurrence, usually only get caught out once!

Living alone, I don't have the luxury of being able to ask someone to do my shopping because I'm not well. I do try to plan ahead and have extra supplies in the pantry and bathroom cupboards, but sometimes emergencies spoil your careful planning.