Yes folks, it's another beverage package question

I'm sorry! I know everyone's tired of these threads. I didn't see this when I ran a search though.

My Cruise Planner is showing the Deluxe bev package at $46/day plus gratuity, which puts it at a 15% discount assuming the normal price is $55/day. Should I go ahead and jump on it or wait until I'm onboard to see if I can get 20% as a Diamond member?

I'm sorry! I know everyone's tired of these threads. I didn't see this when I ran a search though.

My Cruise Planner is showing the Deluxe bev package at $46/day plus gratuity, which puts it at a 15% discount assuming the normal price is $55/day. Should I go ahead and jump on it or wait until I'm onboard to see if I can get 20% as a Diamond member?

I'd order it because the 20% Diamond discount onboard has not been reliable. If you can get a confirmation from someone on your itinerary confirming the 20% D discount close to your cruise, then you can cancel the pre-cruise purchase.

I don't know. I probably wouldn't gamble that it is available onboard with the Diamond discount. We received the discount onboard in February, but Royal Caribbean (that I know of ) has never published the loyalty level discounts. I would probably purchase in advance if an acceptable discount became available and then cancel if I could determine if the price after boarding was better.

And remember that the onboard price of the drink package may be higher, so the 20% discount might work out to about the same price. JMO.

Thank you!

A follow up question- would it be possible to cancel and re-purchase on board, taking the difference as OBC, or would that turn into a massive hassle?

Although I have never done it, my answer would be probably. When you board, ask about the discount and run the numbers on your phone. If it is favorable, go to guest services and cancel, and then go back and purchase the new package. It is a bit more leg work when you first board, but if it results in savings....:D

We have a transatlantic booked for next year, and I dislike the possible VAT charges. We plan to purchase in advance, and then cancel and repurchase if the savings onboard are favorable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update- It's a good thing I listened to your advice, because the deluxe package is now back to $54pd + free VOOM. Useless for me because I refuse to get internet on a cruise.

Thanks again, everyone!

Just wanted to post an update- It's a good thing I listened to your advice, because the deluxe package is now back to $54pd + free VOOM. Useless for me because I refuse to get internet on a cruise.

Thanks again, everyone!

Keep checking your planner just in case another sale shows up at a better price. You never know.